Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh my f**king god.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Chan Sl*t Park

edit: replace * with a 'u'
    they try to be more "family friendly" there, you should see the words that are edited with *s

That banning was probably done by Jeff Dillon himself (Forum admin)
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    since when is **** a naughty word ? lol this is CA not the bible belt
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    since when is **** a naughty word ? lol this is CA not the bible belt
    it's a bit on the derogatory side.

They obviously agree here at strike3...
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    yes, but not a bad word.....describing a whore isn't a bad thing

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    My take on SOSD: I've gone against the flow on a lot of issues, such as JM's spending habits and DSR excuses. Things haven't become personal with me since early 2004 probably, and if I was called out, generally it was for a good reason. I always try to look at the differences of opinion as "discussing the issues", while realizing that other posters could have information to prove me completely wrong.

As far as you getting banned, I dunno why. You'd get into it with people, but I don't recall you breaking ToS. I PM'd Hungus asking why, and mentioned that I never noticed any bannable behavior, but apparently I was not worthy of a response.

When I first started posting there it was a different story. I got personal on quite a few occasions, and some of the stuff I said is embarassing to read. Especially my early takes on John Moores. But people like AB and PH took the time out to post a ton of info about JMI and the redevelopment efforts. I still think JM jacked 600M by selling stock he knew was overvalued, and I'm not the only one - it's still in court. And I still don't believe the DSR prevents the Padres from raising payroll beyond what it is - I think the "DSR Cap" is much higher than 75 million since moving into Petco. And I'll mention my thoughts when the subject comes up, which isn't very often anymore as far as I can tell.

Yes, there is an "incrowd" that uses what was once a Padre forum as a chatroom / blog / replacement for their social lives, and unfortunately it's to the point where their crap generally spills into just about every thread. I'm not a fan of weeding through forums to find good information, and I think that's the biggest reason I've lost interest. Also, when NewMyopia/StillFedUp was banned, the major dissenting voice was eliminated. I used to really enjoy his threads because he always questioned the status quo, and usually they resulted in some excellent discussions.

MLB ERA
    Well you'll be judged but rarely convicted here

What are your opinions of Moores? and his business practices? I'd be interested in hearing your take

Quote Originally Posted by LockeSD
    My take on SOSD: I've gone against the flow on a lot of issues, such as JM's spending habits and DSR excuses. Things haven't become personal with me since early 2004 probably, and if I was called out, generally it was for a good reason. I always try to look at the differences of opinion as "discussing the issues", while realizing that other posters could have information to prove me completely wrong.

As far as you getting banned, I dunno why. You'd get into it with people, but I don't recall you breaking ToS. I PM'd Hungus asking why, and mentioned that I never noticed any bannable behavior, but apparently I was not worthy of a response.

When I first started posting there it was a different story. I got personal on quite a few occasions, and some of the stuff I said is embarassing to read. Especially my early takes on John Moores. But people like AB and PH took the time out to post a ton of info about JMI and the redevelopment efforts. I still think JM jacked 600M by selling stock he knew was overvalued, and I'm not the only one - it's still in court. And I still don't believe the DSR prevents the Padres from raising payroll beyond what it is - I think the "DSR Cap" is much higher than 75 million since moving into Petco. And I'll mention my thoughts when the subject comes up, which isn't very often anymore as far as I can tell.

Yes, there is an "incrowd" that uses what was once a Padre forum as a chatroom / blog / replacement for their social lives, and unfortunately it's to the point where their crap generally spills into just about every thread. I'm not a fan of weeding through forums to find good information, and I think that's the biggest reason I've lost interest. Also, when NewMyopia/StillFedUp was banned, the major dissenting voice was eliminated. I used to really enjoy his threads because he always questioned the status quo, and usually they resulted in some excellent discussions.
    SFU was funny. Like, stand up comedian funny, almost.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    lol......it's a funny forum from the stand point of fitting in.......it's almost like if you're not part of their "click" you are an outcast....and I've never seen more guys that know everything in my life.......lol.....god help you if you have an opinion that isn't mainstream or inline with the majority....lol
    Also banned But I'm back on in moderation.

Touche' pff. It is the "clickiest" (pun intended) I've seen, and know-it-alls....YIKES!!!

It makes me sad to see my homies act this way.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    They really are boring over there........I logged in because someone in here suggested that I do.......they claimed it was the best forum on the planet or something like that.......and truth be told .......it's my 3rd choice, and is rapidly becoming a place I don't really want to go much.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123