Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good thing we didn't draft Jared Weaver!

Good thing we didn't draft Jared Weaver!

Lord knows we don't need a guy who starts off stronger than any big leaguer since Fernando when you can have Matt Bush hitting up the local night club.

Sandy, you came one year too late.

MLB ERA
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Considering Weaver had only reached this feat tonight, I don't see how there is even a horse, let alone a dead one.

If a man we could have drafted (I, like many, went so far as to BEG for Weaver to be drafted) that just accomplished what only Fernando Valenzuela has done in the past 25 years is NOT worth commenting on, it would be mind boggling to find out what is.

To think what could have been had Sandy only arrived sooner

MLB ERA
    Are you implying people haven't been asking the question as to why we didn't draft Jered Weaver up until just now? (or anyone not named Matt Bush.)

The only difference between then and now is that you now have a more valid argument. (that I agree with, I might add.)

Besides, the main reason it's a dead horse is because the person who made the draft pick isn't even in charge of drafting anymore, so what's the use of pointing out that he made bad draft picks?

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    Are you implying people haven't been asking the question as to why we didn't draft Jered Weaver up until just now? (or anyone not named Matt Bush.)

The only difference between then and now is that you now have a more valid argument. (that I agree with, I might add.)

Besides, the main reason it's a dead horse is because the person who made the draft pick isn't even in charge of drafting anymore, so what's the use of pointing out that he made bad draft picks?
    No, I know the subject of Weaver in it's entirety has been beaten, but I was more on the lines of simply recognizing just how amazing Weaver has performed, this officially crowning him the pinnacle of young talent as of right now.

I also didn't know if anything of this matter had been discussed on these boards, or at elast to half the extent that it has at you know where.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    How much does Weaver make ? How old his he ? How old is Bush ? How much did Bush get ?

Do we have some of the guys on this team that we got in the offseason and trades if we drafted Weaver and had to pay him what he's making ? Would this team be in 1st place all year if we had Weaver instead of the guys we p/u
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    How much does Weaver make ? How old his he ? How old is Bush ? How much did Bush get ?

Do we have some of the guys on this team that we got in the offseason and trades if we drafted Weaver and had to pay him what he's making ? Would this team be in 1st place all year if we had Weaver instead of the guys we p/u
    Certainly not as much as his worth.
    23 years young.
    20 years young.
    Absolutely.
    We'd have a much larger lead than a half game.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    Lord knows we don't need a guy who starts off stronger than any big leaguer since Fernando when you can have Matt Bush hitting up the local night club.

Sandy, you came one year too late.
    I realize that you are being tongue in cheek with your post but.....the two do not even compare. Weaver only came up May 27th and Bush.....well.....stay tuned.......
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    ....the two do not even compare.
    Unfortunately, I know; one is on a jumpstart to the HALL of fame and the other has a better chance at making juvenile HALL.

Quite frankly, him biting the security guard and crying is about the only thing Bush has yet to produce: my drunk humor.

MLB ERA
    you didn't seriously call a rookie a HOFer, did you?

(and despite popular thinking it's still too early to close the book on Matt Bush...even if he wasn't the wisest choice.)

MLB ERA
    An 18 year old with too much money got stupid..........NO WAY !!! That has to be a first in this world........and he's been in so much trouble since right ? Hasn't Bush started to play some pretty good ball considering his age ?

hmmm

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    Certainly not as much as his worth.
    23 years young.
    20 years young.
    Absolutely.
    We'd have a much larger lead than a half game.
    I would expect to see Bush within 3 years at the MLB level, whether it's for the Padres or not, who knows.......but this guy is still a kid, and happens to be a kid with some pretty incredible natural abilities.....if the farm system can teach him how to control those skills, he might very well turn into a very very good ball player....and if he does, and plays for the Padres, who then will have gotten the better deal ? If he doesn't, we spent squat and avoided another Boras kid

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    you didn't seriously call a rookie a HOFer, did you?

(and despite popular thinking it's still too early to close the book on Matt Bush...even if he wasn't the wisest choice.)
    Nope, so the laughing isn't necesary. I said he is on a JUMPSTART to the hall of fame, implying that he has a jump start towards that perilous feat compared to other pitchers since he has just tied a record.

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    I would expect to see Bush within 3 years at the MLB level, whether it's for the Padres or not, who knows.......but this guy is still a kid, and happens to be a kid with some pretty incredible natural abilities.....if the farm system can teach him how to control those skills, he might very well turn into a very very good ball player....and if he does, and plays for the Padres, who then will have gotten the better deal ? If he doesn't, we spent squat and avoided another Boras kid
    I played baseball with this kid. I watched my best friend hit a homerun off him and him strike out two of three plate appearences. Th kid was NEVER recruited for his hitting, and his pitching was god, but not great. His glove is amazing, I've witnessed that first hand, but that's about it.

I could've told you from day one that this would happen; I would've been excited that a guy I've played against was the first overall pick, but would've had serious doubts about his "career".

MLB ERA
    well, many scouts who are paid bukoo bucks for their opinions projected Matt Bush to be drafted in the upper half of the 1st round. (Granted not 1st overall)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast