Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: # of times Peavy gets screwed/Barry Bonds and roids

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    hollywood...........most of his arguements are pretty weak......careful or this thread will get closed too .........lol
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    hollywood...........most of his arguements are pretty weak......careful or this thread will get closed too .........lol
    This coming from the all time leader in weak ass arguements is pretty funny. No I am simply stating that Bonds did hit as many homers before the alleged steroid use. Yes you can bring the year by year averages and ratios to make a point but I clearly and for the last time showed you that Bonds could and did do it before any alleged roid use which was the arguement. He would have easily hit 50 in 1994 so that point is extremely valid. No way would he not have done barring injury because the way him and Matt Williams were hitting they both would have 50 with a month and a half left. Hell even Topps baseball cards had Bonds finishing tied with Maris

MLB ERA
    Your argument is still weak. Bonds was much younger then and he was still a great power hitter, it's not all that shocking that he was able to approach 50 a couple of times.

What's unheard of is for him to be in his mid to late 30s (a time when most people start declining almost rapidly) and for his home run rate to go up by 13 HRs/year, breaking McGwire's (alleged) roid-infested record, and all this while being intentionally walked twice as much as he was when he was younger.

If not for the IBBs he WOULD be hitting 60/year post-roids*

* - alleged
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    That was not the arguement I can agree that it is unusual that he got better at a later age but itsnot impossible. The arguement was the he was not able to do so before the roids which I have shown repeatedly that he was able. Stick to the arguement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As for your last statement, I said the same goodman thing No wonder you think my arguement is weak, you forgot the arguement

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    ....and if not for the war, Ted Williams could have in all likelyhood put the record out of reach for both Aaron and Bonds........if's are a ***** aren't they?
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Don't forget Willie Mays missing a year and a half! 39 homers at August 15th makes my point, not the if's!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    That was not the arguement I can agree that it is unusual that he got better at a later age but itsnot impossible. The arguement was the he was not able to do so before the roids which I have shown repeatedly that he was able. Stick to the arguement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As for your last statement, I said the same goodman thing No wonder you think my arguement is weak, you forgot the arguement
    I don't know what posts you've been reading, but I've been constantly saying he hit more home runs post (alleged) roids era than before....speaking in ratio terms, of course.

Maybe we're both dense continously trying to argue two different things.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan
    Saying Carpenter would have won the Cy Young, even in San Diego, is like saying Barry Bonds could hit just as many HR's without steroids.
    Original arguement and the only one I have been addressing. The rest of you keep getting off the point. I have been the only one sticking with it.

MLB ERA
    Original arguement and the only one I have been addressing. The rest of you keep getting off the point. I have been the only one sticking with it.
    has Barry NOT hit HRs at a more rapid pase since he allgedly started taking the juice?....all the while getting walked a helluva lot more?

FmrF's statement in regards to Bonds insinuated that it's like saying he's just as able to hit just as many HRs with or without the juice. It really said nothing about how many he did or didn't actually hit.

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Reefer, I know you're a Bonds homer, and I know you're trying to defend him because the Giants would be a worthless team with absolutely sad attendance without him, but please, for the love of God, spell argument right, just ONCE!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    You got it A-R-G-U-M-E-N-T! I know you guys hate him since he has owned you since coming over so I let be but every now and then you guys get silly about it. He just owns you guys is all. And to say they would have nothing without him is just dumb. They would spend that $22 million on someone else.

MLB ERA
    I really don't hate Bonds.

and any dislike I have towards him has more to do with him being a prick and with him owning the Padres than it does with roids.

I do have issues with him in regards to roids, but I share the same "issue" with a lot of MLB players, past and present. (cammy included)

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Reefer, I can pick out 5 different times, IN ONE POST, that you spelled it wrong. How am I supposed to take your Bonds homer posts seriously?

As far as Bonds "owning the Padres", I'd could care less who he owns and who he doesn't own, as long as the Padres are the defending NL West Champs, that's all that really matters to me. Oh, and don't come with the "the division was weak, Bonds didn't play last season, the Giants would have won with Bonds", that's predictable as well. The facts are, he played 16 games, the Giants DID NOT win the division and the Padres did.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    If you were heer last year you would know that I posted before the West was won that no one should have bragging rights over who won the West since everyone was shit and no one was going to beat the Cards from that division. The fact is you guys have hated Bonds since 1993 and the roids was the icing on the cake.

And I am not the only who misspelled it. You got me, I'm not perfect! I could spell one word

And for the love of god get a new ARGUMENT other than calling me a Bonds homer!

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

I'm not bragging about winning the division, just stated it as a fact because I knew the "NL West was crap" argument was coming.

Anyone else find it funny that Bonds hits his first HR in Coors Field? He couldn't hit one in his own park(only had warning track power), he couldn't hit one in LA, he couldn't hit one in Petco, but he hits one in one of the biggest bandboxes in baseball(next to Arlington Stadium in Texas). Though I agree that too many pitchers and managers are pussies for not pitching to him(except Jake Peavy). The HR's I've seen him hit have been belt high and on the inside part of the plate. Pitch him down and away or letter high and outside and he'll chase those pitches every time.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast