Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talks and Rumors .....

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres Talks and Rumors .....

.....are swirling about Zito wanting out of Oakland BEFORE the allstar break......one of the teams he's expressed an interst in is the Padres. Behind the scenes conversations with some radio knuckleheads, who actually get to chat with inside sources, but can't talk openly about them yet, say he could be heading here soon........... This is all hearsay admittedly, but these guys are usually pretty right on for things they talk about..........so take it for what it is.........

My question is this..........assuming for a second that this going to happen...... what would the Padres have to give up right now for Zito, and what would they have to give up in a month if Zito keeps pitching the way he's pitching......??? Talks say nothing more than a couple minor league prospects, but that just can't be right !!!
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Stauffer and Guzman for Zito, get it done!

MLB ERA
    funny you said that.........those are two guys that are being tossed around...........and I agree 150%.........get it done......They also mentioned Carillo, thats one guy I'm not sure we should part with though.....

Does anyone think there is any way to realistically pry Arroyo away from the Reds come the break when they have fallen out of contention ?

MLB ERA
    don't give up Carillo for him, but otherwise get it done.

Of course, I fully hope they lock him up after the trade.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    If they get Zito here.......I have no doubt they will lock him up......getting him here in a Padre jersey will be the toughest part IMO

AA ERA
    Ohh yeah, Billy Beane will command a arm and a leg, hell just about every limb in order for any team to pry Zito away from the A's.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Well the word is...........it might not cost as much as people think......especially now that Zito has said he wants out, and isn't exactly looking like Cy Young

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres Zito to the Padres

Hi All, I'm new to the forum but I wanted to post some inside information that I've been hearing. A buddy of mine, who works with the A's P.R. staff, told me that Zito has been looking at homes in the Del Mar area. Now, that could mean less than what it looks like, but he has expressed to A's management that he would like them to try and work a deal with San Diego.

MLB ERA
    Welcome fellow padre fan............. looking forward to May 7th amigo

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres May 7th

I'll be there Todd.....count on it

Welcome to the site Fmr!

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres Welcomed

Thanks Rocksports, appreciate the welcome

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

According to ESPN.com MLB Insider.....

Apr 17 - The A's, who have almost no hope or expectation of signing Barry Zito long-term, are said to be 'discreetly' investigating trade possibilities for the star left-hander, Newsday reports. They would like to receive three younger, less costly players for Zito.
    "It would be malpractice not to do research," Oakland GM Billy Beane told the newspaper when asked whether he's investigating trade possibilities. "Of course, it would also be malpractice to make a foolish trade."
    However, Beane isn't overly optimistic about his chances for a Zito trade and indicated there's more chance they'll just let Zito leave via free agency at year's end. "I'm not sure there's a right deal out there," said Beane. "It's going to be difficult to find the right match." If Zito makes it to free agency, a friend of Zito's said he believes the Mets and Yankees are co-favorites to sign him.

MLB ERA

Padres

Mets.......Yanks...........NY teams overspending on another player.......NO WAY !!!

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

The rumor that is being reported on MLB Insider is ONLY if Zito is with the A's the entire season. If the A's trade him before the deadline, the Yankees and Mets will not be in the running until the end of the season. If a trade is to be made for half a season, the Padres could be at the top of that list.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast