Re: Trade KC-COL

Wow. Mission's avatar says it all.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA

I could have offered Raymond Worm and some fringe prospects if I would have known that's all it would have taken.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Titsworth is a great name. Let's all be honest about that! But Barbosa and poli are completely different players. Barbosa is a stud at many positions. Poli is a good 1B but everyone has a good 1B. And you are on the TC, if this is such a blatantly terrible trade why was it passed. And don't use the "Impossibles" scared us excuse because that is way over played. You had ONE guy go over the handlebars in MSL and you've got ONE guy trying to change what's worked for S3SL as long as I can remember.

I'm still happy with the trade on my end. Poli had no room on this team and I got needed pieces for him.

And I got titsworth! *snicker*

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I'm pretty sure KoZ voted fail, but majority rules if you catch my drift.

Relievers are worth much less in this league than in others. He's not even close be filled out If he were 10,10,10 instead of 8,5,9 like he is at least I could understand why you would accept it ZoD...but c'mon.

Colorado doesn't need any gifts and that's basically what this is. None of the players KC got will be stars. Poli is easily the best player in the deal and it's not even close even if the closer fills out. Poli will be worth much, much more.

And of course I'm sure someone will chime in that this is whining. And of course you'd be wrong. This deal is unfair plain and simple in addition to keeping the league unbalanced.

MLB ERA

Frankly, this is getting annoying. I passed this deal because I believe it should not fail. I don' care what Impossibles or Prov thinks, and that doesn't affect whether I pass or fail this trade or any other trade.

This trade is three future major-leaguers and Titsworth for a 1B, who can certainly hit, but not at a premium position. So I passed it. I also trust my player-evaluation skills more than yours. That's because I'm smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA

I can't speak for anybody else but I don't begrudge the TC for this. I'm just responding to the trade like I would if a real one like this happened.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Frankly, this is getting annoying. I passed this deal because I believe it should not fail. I don' care what Impossibles or Prov thinks, and that doesn't affect whether I pass or fail this trade or any other trade.

This trade is three future major-leaguers and Titsworth for a 1B, who can certainly hit, but not at a premium position. So I passed it. I also trust my player-evaluation skills more than yours. That's because I'm smarter than you.
    Frankly, your comment is annoying and I don't give a fuck what you think if you're one of the morons that voted pass on this you condescending prick.

MLB ERA

Prov's a little testy today

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    I'm pretty sure KoZ voted fail, but majority rules if you catch my drift.

Relievers are worth much less in this league than in others. He's not even close be filled out If he were 10,10,10 instead of 8,5,9 like he is at least I could understand why you would accept it ZoD...but c'mon.

Colorado doesn't need any gifts and that's basically what this is. None of the players KC got will be stars. Poli is easily the best player in the deal and it's not even close even if the closer fills out. Poli will be worth much, much more.

And of course I'm sure someone will chime in that this is whining. And of course you'd be wrong. This deal is unfair plain and simple in addition to keeping the league unbalanced.
    This is a prime example of why Impossibles/I said not to get rid of the TC... deals like this should never pass ever... I mean my team is awful but I def woulda put up a better package than this garbage
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Prov's a little testy today
    I've said my peace about it and I'm done with it.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Ok this is clearing way off topic. This isn't a F*** you thread. This is a discussion about a trade. One that MANY find I'll will towards but few are giving reasons why.

The TC was never going anywhere. I see that KoZ thinks it's a terrible deal and he's laid out his reasons, I respect that. Saber feels it's a decent deal for the same reasons I've laid out.

I feel this is a good trade to discuss the role of the TC because it's a good trade to a few but not to the masses. I don't feel it's a blatant fail by any means and think the talks should continue but w/o the individual flaming.

And Zito and I are the only ones seeing the humor in titsworth... Are you angry that 'I' get titsworth and you do not??? :-D

Interesting deal...honestly I don't think its that bad. I'm surprised anybody would trade elite players to Colorado.

But I personally don't feel like this trade passed the same criteria that others failed on last season. If things are changing maybe there should be a trade freeze until things are clarified?

Any most of the complaints are "well I could have offered you better than that"...well you didn't, and that's your mistake, not the trade councils.

Why not trade elite players to me? Am I bad guy? Well, granted...I am a bad guy, but still. If you're team isnt going to win the title this year or next you SHOULD be trying to trade elite guys to current great teams in the league.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    And Zito and I are the only ones seeing the humor in titsworth... Are you angry that 'I' get titsworth and you do not??? :-D

I think if you took hurlbut along with titsworth. It would have been a perfect trade.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by albbla2000mu View Post
    Why not trade elite players to me? Am I bad guy? Well, granted...I am a bad guy, but still. If you're team isnt going to win the title this year or next you SHOULD be trying to trade elite guys to current great teams in the league.
    Can I get in on the action? I could use another OF or another SP.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast