Thread: Cheap young decent hitters available

Padres Cheap young decent hitters available

I've got a few decent young players that aren't part of my plans. I'd like to swap them for similar players who are further away or RP/SP types.

#74 Walter Amato, Catcher, 29 yrs, San Diego Padres - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    -Good cheap catcher who can hit but no power
    #51 Harry Ulm, Centerfield, 24 yrs, San Diego Padres - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    -He just keeps on hitting better than his ratings with a good OBP
    #99 Arron Whitehair, Leftfield, 27 yrs, San Diego Padres - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    -speedy LHB with some pop, plays all OF positions
    #61 Vernon Hubbs, First Base, 29 yrs, San Diego Padres - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    -Another good hitter with little power
    #96 Alphonso Alonso, Second Base, 29 yrs, San Diego Padres - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    -Average hitter across the board, but he's been bumped by a better prospect

And as before, everybody on the Padres is available for discussion, I'm not committed to rebuild, I always want to win but I'm not giving away the future at the same time.
    Last edited by Impossibles; 11-20-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Re: Cheap young decent hitters available

Update bump. Averill, Enos, and Duran are all gone.

New on the block:
    #87 Bartolo "Merlin" Sanchez, Leftfield, 23 yrs, San Diego Padres - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    -Only 23 years old, former top prospect. Talent ratings took a bit of a bump last year but still talented and putting up good numbers, just doesn't look like he's going to be a middle of the lineup force. Would like a prospect or similar MI/3B young player

Re: Cheap young decent hitters available

Last minute shoppers...any interest in Lino Skidmore??