Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Final Round: 5/29 7 PM EST - 5/30 6 PM EST

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Free Agency Final Round: 5/29 7 PM EST - 5/30 6 PM EST

This sim will finish the FA bidding period. And after it comes my break.

Wednesday 2/19/2011 :

San Diego: Free agent P Ben Crockett has been signed to a contract of $7,200,000 per year, for 3 years.
    Detroit: Free agent CF Lew Ford has been signed to a contract of $750,000 per year, for 1 years.
    San Diego: Free agent P Jaime Cerda has been signed to a contract of $2,200,000 per year, for 2 years.

Thursday 2/20/2011 :

Milwaukee: Free agent SS Alex Rodriguez has been signed to a contract of $2,500,000 per year, for 3 years.

Friday 2/21/2011 :

Texas: Free agent LF Chin-Feng Chen has been signed to a contract of $800,000 per year, for 1 years.
    Chicago (N): Free agent P Ryan Dempster has been signed to a contract of $3,000,000 per year, for 3 years.
    Oakland: Free agent 3B Danny Sandoval has been signed to a contract of $300,000 per year, for 1 years.
    Detroit: Free agent P Brian Bruney has been signed to a contract of $1,250,000 per year, for 3 years.

Saturday 2/22/2011 :

Detroit: Free agent SS Edgar Renteria has been signed to a contract of $5,000,000 per year, for 2 years.
    Detroit: Free agent LF Carlos Lee has been signed to a contract of $2,500,000 per year, for 1 years.
    Toronto: Free agent RF Jonny Gomes has been signed to a contract of $800,000 per year, for 3 years.

Sunday 2/23/2011 :

Milwaukee: Free agent 1B Derek Michaelis has been signed to a contract of $2,000,000 per year, for 3 years.

Monday 2/24/2011 :

Detroit: Free agent 1B Richie Sexson has been signed to a contract of $500,000 per year, for 1 years.
    San Diego: Free agent P Julio Mateo has been signed to a contract of $1,500,000 per year, for 2 years.
    Chicago (N): Free agent P Kelvim Escobar has been signed to a contract of $1,600,000 per year, for 2 years.

Wednesday 2/26/2011 :

Chicago (N): Free agent P Jeremy Wedel has been signed to a contract of $1,750,000 per year, for 2 years.
    Florida: Free agent P Andy Van Hekken has been signed to a contract of $400,000 per year, for 1 years.

Thursday 2/27/2011 :

Milwaukee: Free agent 1B Todd Sears has been signed to a minor league contract.
    Milwaukee: Free agent 1B Doug Mientkiewicz has been signed to a minor league contract.
    Milwaukee: Free agent LF Ryan Ludwick has been signed to a minor league contract.
    Anaheim: Free agent C Brian Schneider has been signed to a minor league contract.
    Milwaukee: Free agent RF Richard Hidalgo has been signed to a minor league contract.
    Milwaukee: Free agent C David Ross has been signed to a minor league contract.
    Minnesota: Free agent P Luke Anderson has been signed to a minor league contract.
    Minnesota: Free agent P Aaron Cook has been signed to a minor league contract.
    Florida: Free agent P Jeff Francis has been signed to a minor league contract.

how long is the break? just curious

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Does Spring Training get simmed along with the end of Free Agency... or not. I honestly have no rememberance how it was done in the past.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Break question: Don't know. I need to work on the forums but no longer than a week and half, most likey less.

ST question: No it does not. I will likely set a date for lineups, sim ST, and have a real sim following the day after. Similar to what I usually do.

MLB ERA
    We've simmed 7 seasons, and we still have no idea what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And it'll be another 7 before I finally do catch a clue.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ok, done. But there has been an error with Renteria it appears. He signed for an offer Detroit made at 5 mil per for 2 which Detroit made like 2 sims ago (Detroit offered 5.25 mil per for 3 IIRC this time and he didnt sign for that.) He also got some offers like 6.5 mil per for 2 and like 8 mil something for 1. Anyone with OOTP knowledge know why this happened and what should we do about it?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I did edit his contract to reflect the 5.25 mil per for 3 deal that was last offered by Detroit. We'll still have to figure out how to handle this.

MLB ERA
    That's odd, but I've had plenty of problems of my own with OOTP! Anyways, Detroit received an e-mail saying he liked their original offer, but the 6.5 Mil offer should have overridden it. He probably didn't like the one year offer due to it's length, but there's no reason why he would have accepted a 5.25 Mil offer instead of 6.5 Mil for the same amount of years. If a player doesn't like an organization... he won't even listen to an offer. I've had to release players, and edit their contracts to correct an error that OOTP made in the past. I don't know why it does the things it does sometimes. In my league, OOTP scheduled the Padres for 3 games everyday.

MLB ERA
    Renteria belongs on the Reds.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think we should release him (credit Detroit back of course) and post the top offers recevied (that he would listen to) and have a vote. Then I'd sign him to a one year deal and edit his contract to reflect the winning one.

I am sorry to all the bidders, especially Detroit, I just want to make this fair for you all.

MLB ERA
    That sounds fair

Boo, I offered more to Lew Ford and more years. Satan monger.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

You guys suck.

Ya'll just jealous Renteria wanted to play in Detroit.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Ok, done. But there has been an error with Renteria it appears. He signed for an offer Detroit made at 5 mil per for 2 which Detroit made like 2 sims ago (Detroit offered 5.25 mil per for 3 IIRC this time and he didnt sign for that.) He also got some offers like 6.5 mil per for 2 and like 8 mil something for 1. Anyone with OOTP knowledge know why this happened and what should we do about it?

So, he signed the 5 mil/2 years offer AFTER receiving 5.25/3 and 6.5/2 and 8/1, and he signed THIS sim and not the past sim?

And he didn't say "I don't like your organization" or "I want a winner" or anything to the 3 new offers?

I had something similar happen, but it didn't override the other contracts and sign, it just completely discounted them. Mine didn't happen on the last FA round, thankfully, so I just put him back in the FA pool for those who wanted him.

I like the idea of a vote.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast