Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Episode 6 - Mailbag #2, Bruce, All-Star voting

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Episode 6 - Mailbag #2, Bruce, All-Star voting

I say we all go and vote for guys who deserve the All-Star nod. Ken Griffey Jr is a leading vote getter. Are you kidding me? And Josh Hamilton has to be voted in. I hate casual fans.

Maybe it is just where I live now that gives me the bad impression of the lack of interest in sports from today's youth. I live in Wyoming where it is freezing and I see a vast difference in the appreciation of sports from where I grew up (California) to where I live now. I wrote an article about this and it is somewhere here in the forums. It seems that many kids have focused their interest on video games rather than actually going outside and becoming the next Ken Griffey Jr.

Because of that, I fear many would be studs in sports will miss their opportunity as they will never realize their talent. Then again, I am solely judging this on what I see in Wyoming. Maybe I can at least guarantee you that there will be no talent coming out of this state forever. Afterall, they don't even have high school level baseball in the state's capitol.

Excellent work again fellas. + big rep.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I live in Wyoming where it is freezing and I see a vast difference in the appreciation of sports from where I grew up (California) to where I live now.
    Maybe that's cuz it's FREEZING and you moved from CALIFORNIA where it's SUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I say we all go and vote for guys who deserve the All-Star nod. Ken Griffey Jr is a leading vote getter. Are you kidding me? And Josh Hamilton has to be voted in. I hate casual fans.

Maybe it is just where I live now that gives me the bad impression of the lack of interest in sports from today's youth. I live in Wyoming where it is freezing and I see a vast difference in the appreciation of sports from where I grew up (California) to where I live now. I wrote an article about this and it is somewhere here in the forums. It seems that many kids have focused their interest on video games rather than actually going outside and becoming the next Ken Griffey Jr.

Because of that, I fear many would be studs in sports will miss their opportunity as they will never realize their talent. Then again, I am solely judging this on what I see in Wyoming. Maybe I can at least guarantee you that there will be no talent coming out of this state forever. Afterall, they don't even have high school level baseball in the state's capitol.

Excellent work again fellas. + big rep.
    Thanks bro. Despite what you see in Wyoming (and not having high school baseball in the capitol is VERY sad) I think it's solely from the location difference. I agree with you on the all-star thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I sound like a regular guy. Ask nick (from when we played Halo months ago)
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Hey redsrbetter, I noticed this on ESPN.com. Is this maybe something you were talking about when you mentioned the lack of talent being a possibility in the future?

Talent Hard to Come by in This Year's MLB Draft
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The 5th tool you guys forgot about is throwing the ball.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12