Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: What book are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Finished Jumper, it was a good read. I feel like I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more if I was a few years younger, but if they based the film off of that instead of whatever the hell they decided to go with, it would have been way better.

I am going to re-read Fahrenheit 451 as I found behind my desk and my wall in my room, its probably been there for years, and it'll be a quick read which is good as I might be purchasing a few books from Amazon soon.

Jumper was a book first? Really? I can't imagine, cause the movie was done so poorly.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, and a pretty well received one at that. The main character isn't a total jerk and the bad things he does, he almost is over the top with the guilt he feels. There isn't an organization that hunts his "type", rather the government becomes aware of him as he keeps getting involved in various airplane hostage situations. And the bad guy in the book is a terrorist who is responsible for his mother's death (who died as a hostage forced to carry a bomb off a plane.)

Now I don't know if later book gets into the same lame territory the movie did, but the first novel would have probably made a pretty decent flick.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Yeah, and a pretty well received one at that. The main character isn't a total jerk and the bad things he does, he almost is over the top with the guilt he feels. There isn't an organization that hunts his "type", rather the government becomes aware of him as he keeps getting involved in various airplane hostage situations. And the bad guy in the book is a terrorist who is responsible for his mother's death (who died as a hostage forced to carry a bomb off a plane.)

Now I don't know if later book gets into the same lame territory the movie did, but the first novel would have probably made a pretty decent flick.
    So the other Jumper in the movie is actually a terrorist in the novel? That would have been better. A lot better. Between him and Sam Jackson platinum, the bad guys were awful
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

No, he is the only Jumper (at least by the end of that novel.) The other guy, the bad guy, was just a regular terrorist.

MLB ERA

F451... I want to re-read that too mission. Been awhile.

While I was locked up (they won't let me oooooout) I read The Jordan Rules (Sam Smith, a Tribune guy I believe, who covered the Bulls in the early '90s), The Secret (some book about the law of attraction, it was so-so but I'm not finished yet), some self-talk book that was really long but not bad, and a ton of CALVIN & HOBBES

I feel like I read a lot more, but titles are escaping me...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Fahrenheit 451 was as good as remembered, glad I found it again.

I just started The Wal-Mart Effect today. I've had the book for a few years as it was used in a business ethics class I took but we only looked at a few small sections of it and did not read the book in its entirety.

Jose Canseco injected me Buckcheeks's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Do They Serve Beer in Hell? By Tucker Max.

Read it a couple years ago but it got republished with updates so I bought it.
    LeagueTeamGM Recordcurrent seasondivisionWCLDSLCSWSYears active
    TBSLHouston Astros78-842011000002010-Present

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I just finished re-reading The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac. Before that I read something else, can't remember what though.

I am now going to start Post Office by Charles Bukowski, a book I've always heard good things about and have wanted to read for some time.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Just read A Clockwork Orange, finally. Now I am about to read Everything That Rises Must Converge.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That was a great book. And yes, it was the book that Jacob was reading on LOST (I am that much of a nerd.)

Now I am reading Fletch, which I have always wanted to read as it is one of my favorite movies.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Last 20 or 30 pages of Fletch was great.

Now I am re-reading Youth In Revolt, which I haven't read since I was like 14 or 15. Loving it all over again so far.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ok, I read "Who Is Mark Twain" (not the best collection of his works), then I read "The Accidental Billionaires" (about the founding of Facebook) and now I am reading "The Devil In The Kitchen" by Marco Pierre White, which is quite good.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What's your thoughts on "A Tramp Aboard", one of Mark Twains more unknown works?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I've actually never read but my mom told me that it was hilarious. How did you like it? Should I put it on my list to read?

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Pretty good I thought. Quite enjoyable for a guy like myself, who usually sticks to stuff about history. But I found this to be quite "historic" in a sense, yet still a good piece of writing.

Speaking of history, I just picked up Fordlandia by Greg Grandin.
    All about...Fordlândia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast