Thread: Adam LaRoche on Carlos Beltran: "No Class"

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Pirates Adam LaRoche on Carlos Beltran: "No Class"

HOUSTON -- Adam LaRoche responded to New York Mets center fielder Carlos Beltran's comments Thursday that he was "embarrassed" at being swept in three games by the Pirates.

"I think it shows zero class and zero professionalism," the Pirates' first baseman said yesterday at Minute Maid Park. "When somebody says that, they know what they're saying, and they know it's going to get out. He knows we're not going to be real happy about it. If you go and say that to your buddies, it's one thing. If you go to the media and make that public for us to hear? Yeah, that's no class."

LaRoche paused.

"You know, if we're as bad as he says we are and we swept them, then what's that make them?"

LaRoche on Mets' Beltran: 'Zero class'
    Damn. LaRoche was one "Maybe that comes from their coach" remark from having thrown a full LaDainian Tomlinson style hissy fit. Nevertheless, by sweeping the Mets, LaRoche earned the right to make his point.

MLB ERA

Re: Adam LaRoche on Carlos Beltran: "No Class"

Beltran should be embarassed. How does this show no class? He just wants to win. He's embarassed at getting swept. There's nothing wrong with wanting to win and being frustrated when they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

That last sentence made me smile for once.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Beltran said nothing wrong. Let's be fair, Adam, The Mets are a more talented team than the Pirates. End of story. The Mets are just better. They didn't play well enough to win, and Beltran didn't like that. There was no lack of class involved, except for on the part of LaRoche.