Thread: Amusing thought

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB Amusing thought

As Randy Johnson is on the brink of winning 300 games and for all intents and purposes, maybe he's the last guy we ever see win 300. I've been listening to all of the media types say they don't think it'll ever happen again and if there's any chance of another 300 game winner, he probably has not been born yet.

Now, it's incredibly unlikely but honestly, it's more likely a scenario than CC Sabathia or Roy Halladay winning 300. Jamie Moyer is at 250, and is 46. Granted, he has not been that good this season, but even his not that good has been better than some or, well, a lot of the atrocious pitching we've witnessed this year. He keeps in good shape and appears to be quite durable considering. So even if he stays at 250 by the time he turns 47, he would need to average 12.5 wins a year to reach 300 and that's a pretty decent number if he remains a starter and especially remains on a decent team or better. Could you see the possibility of him averaging that, what with Philly having a good offense and Moyer's love of the town?

Far fetched, I agree, but what the Hell. If he's physically able and mentally able, and can be hallfway decent most of the time, you never know.

Of course he could retire after this season and it's definitely out of the question.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: Amusing thought

Jaime Moyer will not win 300 games. He's just too old.

Caple: Ballad of Moyer - ESPN Page 2

Read that and laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    Jaime Moyer will not win 300 games. He's just too old.
    And he has Brad Lidge as his closer.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

There's no reason why Moyer couldn't pitch until he's 55 years old. He just keeps on tossing his junk and gets it done.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sure, his soft-tossing style can keep his arm durable enough to keep pitching until he's 55 years old. But how many more years as a starter can he get by with a Brett Tomko-like ERA?