Thread: Rollins Finally Dropped In Order

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Phillies Rollins Finally Dropped In Order

Jimmy Rollins has been dropped to fifth in the batting order for Tuesday's game.
    Rollins is mired in an awful slump, with a sub-Mendoza line batting average. His line drive percentage is at an all-time low and he is hitting flyballs at a 40.7 percent ratio. That's not necessarily bad, but it is when 25 percent of those flies are infield pop-ups.
    Its about time! Rollins has been dreadful this year but thankfully his defense hasn't suffered from it. How the Phillies stayed with Rollin's terrible .231 OBP in the leadoff spot this long is amazing to me. What is really amazing is that they only dropped him to 5th. Shane Victorino will hit leadoff for the time being.

MLB ERA

Re: Rollins Finally Dropped In Order

It IS Jimmy Rollins, so I can see why they stuck with him there this long. But something needs to be done eventually, so I totally understand the move. Hopefully he gets things going. Until then, I better not hear any smack talk from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Oh great, now he'll bat 4-for4 against our pitchers.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I know it is Jimmy Rollins but at some point you have to get past the name on the back of the jersey and do what's best for the team. I still can't believe the Red Sox keep batting Ortiz third.

MLB ERA

Rollins has been TERRIBLE this year. When I've seen him, he hasn't even been hitting the ball particularly well. I don't know when he's going to turn it on, but unfortunately, I still believe he will...