Phillies ST #4: Yankees @ Phillies

Phillies.com

123456789 RHE
    NYY000042220 10151
    PHI010010102 5121

YANKEES 10, PHILLIES 5
    at Clearwater, Fla.
    Sunday, March 4

Yankees at the plate: Wil Nieves and Johnny Damon each contributed RBI singles in the Yanks' four-run fifth inning. New York added two runs in the sixth, when Bronson Sardinha singled and scored on a double by Kevin Reese. Reese scored on a single by Chris Basak. Catcher Raul Chavez stroked a two-run single in the seventh.

Phillies at the plate: The Phils scored their first run on an RBI groundout from Aaron Rowand. It scored Pat Burrell, who had walked leading off the second inning and went to third on Wes Helms' single. Ryan Howard hit an RBI single in the fifth and Chris Coste doubled in a run in the seventh, scoring Shane Victorino, who had singled.

Yankees on the mound: Right-hander Carl Pavano allowed one run in two innings, on two hits and two walks. Jeff Karstens, who got a cup of coffee in the Majors last season, tossed two scoreless innings, allowing two hits.

Phillies on the mound: Using all fastballs and changeups, Cole Hamels breezed through three scoreless innings. He struck out one and allowed two hits. Anderson Garcia tossed a scoreless fourth inning, but allowed the first four batters to reach in a four-run Yankees fifth.

Grapefruit League records: Phillies 2-2; Yankees 4-0.

Up next: Righties Freddy Garcia and Jon Lieber will each pitch for Philadelphia on Monday. Garcia is scheduled to pitch at the Carpenter Complex in a "B" game against the Blue Jays, and will be opposed by right-handers Dustin McGowan and Casey Janssen.

Lieber will face Paul Wilson at Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota at 1:05 p.m. ET. The Yankees face the Tigers at 1:05 p.m., with lefty Kei Igawa scheduled to start.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Rookie ERA
    Arent the Yanks undefeated in Spring Training?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DravenX
    Yankees 4-0.
    I would suppose so.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."