Thread: Sacramento is the most valuable franchise according to Forbes

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Minor Leagues Sacramento is the most valuable franchise according to Forbes

Minor Leagues, Major Profits - Forbes.com

The most valuable team is the Sacramento River Cats, an affiliate of the Oakland Athletics owned by Art Savage and worth $29.8 million. The River Cats drew more than 700,000 fans last season (an average of 10,000 per game), the most in the minors.

The River Cats play in Raley Field, among the best stadiums in baseball, period. Raley Field is just eight years old, located just beyond California's State Capital. Affluent patrons can been seen sipping Johnnie Walker at the bar, and the stadium has become a hot place for young adults to socialize on Friday and Saturday evenings. The River Cats own the stadium, which pulls in big advertising bucks from the likes of Coca-Cola (nyse: KO - news - people ). Lawn seats can be had for $5, and the team will throw you an 80-person fajita party in the James Hardie Party Deck for $3,800.
    I'm a little surprised by this, but they have been very successful the last few years. Hopefully, I'll get out there some day to see the stadium in person.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Sacramento is the most valuable franchise according to Forbes

Low Class A Kane County was 20th on the top 20 list, too.

Re: Sacramento is the most valuable franchise according to Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    Minor Leagues, Major Profits - Forbes.com

I'm a little surprised by this, but they have been very successful the last few years. Hopefully, I'll get out there some day to see the stadium in person.
    Doesn't surprise me to hear that. Team has been very successful since being in Sacramento. The stadium is nice. I went a few years back. Beautiful stadium right on the Sacramento River. Old Town Sacramento a nice little village full of shops, restaurants, and bars is right close to it. It is a good place to go with your buddies to watch good baseball and drink beer. I'm still waiting to hit the new Stockton Ports Stadium. I hear that one is nice also.