Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swisherrrr to the White Sox

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Swisherrrr to the White Sox

I'm split on this topic. I am obviously EXTREMELY sad to see him go (and how ironic is it-he just recently bought a house about 5 min from mine). He had a love for the game and a passion that is greatly missed in today's game. At the same time, if we did keep him, we still would have been no match for the Angels. Plus we got some good-looking prospects in return. So it goes both ways, really.

MLB ERA

I think the A's got the better end of this deal. Sweeney is not as polished as Swisher, but could be just as good. Gonzalez is a very good young pitcher. De Los Santos has a lot of upside and could be a real steal. All of these kids are 22 or younger.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Swisherrrr to the White Sox

Kenny Williams said in an interview afterwards, "He informed Swisher that he would be playing a bulk of his games in CF."

I didn't know Swisher could or did play CF. I was VERY surprised in that statement by WIlliams.

AAA ERA

White Sox gave up 3 of their top 10 prospects. Surprised they'd do that for a guy who gets on base, but can't for average. Not to mention despite 2006, his power numbers aren't anything special.

I know A's fans liked Swisher, but De Los Santos was the White Sox number 1 prospect and has a lot of potential. This could turn into pure rapeage by Beane.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    Kenny Williams said in an interview afterwards, "He informed Swisher that he would be playing a bulk of his games in CF."

I didn't know Swisher could or did play CF. I was VERY surprised in that statement by WIlliams.
    I'm not sure I'd give Swisher CF in US Cellular park. He has played 484 innings in CF in his major league career. He has 145 total chances with 2 errors and 1 assist. He doesn't have a great arm, and does not have great speed.
    I would rather see him as a LF and have them go after a bonafide CF this offseason.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Now this is a Mark Mulder trade.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

If you mean it was a great "steal" for the A's, I agree. Read the post I made in the White Sox board. I think they gave away too much for Swisher. The A's would have stupid to turn a deal like this down.
    Another indication that the Twins were smart to turn down the current offers for Santana. The market is a bit more generous than the offers they have received, thusfar.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post

Swisher played some games in center last year and while I appreciate his efforts out there he is no Mark Kotsay.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

That is what I was kinda thinking. That just seemed weird to me. Oh well, glad it is the White Sox and not the Brewers.

MLB ERA

The White Sox have to be seen as trying to do something. They stood pretty much pat after their WS run and we all saw the consequences of that. This season, I think they have actually weakened their team, as opposed to strengthing it.
    On the other hand, the A's have added depth and quality to their farm system. They seem to have an idea what they want. I like Sweeney in Oakland as a corner outfielder.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Plus they are weakening their farm system as well.

MLB ERA

OK Prov I've begun to accept what's going on and the A's just sent me a 1/2 off ticket plan field level.

Go Travis Buck baby.....

Turn 2

I know a lot of fans in Oakland are going to be extremely disappointed that Swish is gone(one for sure is Hot Corner Gurl) sorry lil sis. I agree that he should have been one of the players they built around. Not only on the field, but in the clubhouse he kept the team lively and upbeat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12