Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prospects to watch in 2007

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Prospects to watch in 2007

Personally, I'd like Barton to stay at AAA for the entire year (a September call up after AAA season is over). This would be his first full year at AAA. It's not going to hurt him to let him continue to develop down there. Before his hot month of June, he wasn't doing so great. I hope they don't call him up too soon.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I know what you mean, but if Beane were to make some sort of a move by the trading deadline, it might open up a door for Barton, or maybe Dan Meyer.

MLB ERA

Meyer isn't ready...after the last 2 years of being injured and ineffective, he needs to be at AAA more than ever.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yessir.

MLB ERA

Dan Meyer : Rotoworld.com - Dan Meyer Biography from Rotoworld.com

Triple-A Sacramento's Dan Meyer pitched one-hit ball for six innings and struck out 11 on Friday.
    Meyer has three double-digit strikeout games since the beginning of June. Overall, he's 5-1 with a 4.07 ERA, 78 H and 66/45 K/BB in 77 1/3 IP in the PCL. The A's will want to see him cut down on the walks, but they might give him an opportunity next month regardless.
    At worst, he should be starting for us next year and I think he has more upside than Braden...the only reason they called Braden up instead of Meyer this year obviously is because Meyer is getting his groove back after the last 2 years of injury. He could still make the Hudson deal work out if he can become an effective starter for us...the rest of the deal is done regardless. Thomas will never help us. Cruz was traded for Halsey who is now hurt and being a ***** anyway.

I hope Meyer can step up later this year if he gets called up and certainly next year when he will be playing for a spot in ST. He just turned 26 so he's still young.

MLB ERA

Sorry that I've been neglecting this of late. Meyer is still pitching well. He should get a September call up and challenge for a spot in the rotation next season. Our system has been ravaged by injuries just like the big league club. And it is kind of weak to begin with. I really hope Beane deals a few guys for some prospects in the off-season (Blanton...).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12