Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 Random A's Ramblings

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    it's going to be a tough 12 game stretch...we never play well at Fenway it seems lately...and you figure the sox and yanks can't keep sucking...but then again, neither can our hitters? I dunno...is it 2006 yet?

MLB ERA
    Let's take a look at the Hudson/Mulder trades shall we?

Calero- Sucks
    Thomas- Sucks
    Cruz- Sucks
    Meyer- Remains to be seen

Some more Billy Beane moves:

Let's Tejada leave because he has Crosby waiting in the wings: bad move. Nothing against Crosby but do you think this team doesn't miss Tejada?

The Arthur Rhodes experiment: Again, horrible move and our bullpen blew 28 saves last year. If we could have had half of those back we'd have won over 100 games last year.

Throws a $66 million dollar contract at Chavez based on potential; right now it is not looking like money well spent and Chavez is a very soft player that belongs on a team that doesn't demand much from him.

It's just my opnion, but I think for a long time Hudson, Mulder and Zito made Beane look like a superstar when in reality the moves he has been making are less than stellar and have killed this organization. I'm done with the blind support for Mr Moneyball and his oversized ego. There's more I could add to this list buit I'm too tired and I think I've made my point.

MLB ERA
    you can add kielty to the list...we traded lilly for kielty, lilly had a solid year last year; better than the bum we got to replace him (redman) and kielty hasn't done anything significant.

I wonder how Barton is doing...I don't even know what level he is at...I assume AA...and we got another guy in those trades you forgot to mention...Mr. 1 - 5 with an ERA of about 5.50 Dan Haren...

Good moves: dumping t-long, but losing hernandez, and getting Kotsay...but I'm struggling to think of any other super moves...I'm glad we let Jumbo Giambi go, but I wish we could have kept Tejada...The way Tejada's played since going to Baltimore, there's no way Crosby can even do as well! nevermind better...

MLB ERA
    We need Mike Sweeney and I don't give a rat's ass who we have to trade to get him. It's that or we're freakin sunk. Done. Through. Toast.

While I would love to get a look at Dan Johnson, we need another left handed bat like we need a clone of Ricardo Rincon.

Come on Mr Moneyball, what's it going to be?

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    We need Mike Sweeney and I don't give a rat's ass who we have to trade to get him. It's that or we're freakin sunk. Done. Through. Toast.
    Sweeney would be nice if he can stay healthy.

I doubt Billy will trade for anyone this season. I think everyone's pretty much written this off as a non-contending season. Maybe if they're stinking it up like this next season, when we're supposed to compete, he'll make a move.

MLB ERA
    sweeney's too old and where is he going to play? We don't need another dh/1b...it's just going to be one of those years man...he's not going to mortgage the "future" to still not make the playoffs this year

MLB ERA
    I know I know. But the reality is we're only 4 games under .500 and it's not like the Angels are running away with this. That and based on past broken promises does anyone here really trust Beane to have this team contending next year? I don't.

MLB ERA
    even if we did make the playoffs, we aren't good enough to go anywhere...this team isn't going anywhere until they get a new stadium / move to vegas and are able to keep more people / get that FA to put them over the top...this team is not good...Harden is the only consistent SP, though Zito has picked it up lately if macha would stop leaving him in until he falls apart (taking away the 1 really bad TB start)...Kotsay is the only good OF...Durazo is coming around and the only other good one is Chavvy if he can get out of his funk.

Kendall is not worth $10 million a year to hit 2 homers and knock in 45, plus his defense isn't that great...who knows what we're gonna get from the Cros when he comes back, hatteberg is not a cleanup hitter and ginter isn't playing enough to get into a groove to put up the offensive #'s he could...

AAA ERA
    I don't either. I lost it after he traded Mulder. Hudson I could understand but Mulder could have stayed for another year. Beane's having a lot more misses than hits lately.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's

Kendall is not worth $10 million a year to hit 2 homers and knock in 45, plus his defense isn't that great...
    Being a small-market team, I still don't understand why we traded for Kendall. Miller had a decent year and I don't think he was asking for too much. I know they wanted to get rid of Rhodes and Redman but I bet Redman would have provided a little bit of consistency in the rotation. Rhodes may have had a better season, knowing all he had to worry about was middle relief instead of closing.

MLB ERA
    rhodes had to go...he is a punk and you can't have him hanging around calling out your star pitchers in the media...although the 2 pitchers were traded, too...still...he's a punk...it was Beane's way of getting something rather than cutting him loose and getting nothing I guess...but Kendall is not worth that amount...maybe for the Saux/Yanks/Halos, but not us...c'mon...

I predict Melhuse hits more homers than Kendall this year and it will be in like 1/10 the amount of games

I guess it's a good thing Beane went catcher crazy the last few drafts...that way at least one or two work out when Kendall is about to walk...

I don't understand why we didn't keep Mulder for at least this year...and out of the big 3, I thought Mulder would have been the only one to stay, but I guess Beane thought he was done or not going to be as good as he was to get rid of him "while he could still get something for him."...Haren hasn't shown me anything yet...if Calero's arm stops hurting, then he'll be fine...Barton is at least 2 years away if he's only in A ball and he's not even 20 yet...so we could all be dead before he ever makes it to the show...

How many years does Kendall have left on his deal?

Anyway, the 3rd game is closing out, A's have a guy out, one on, 9th IP, Sox up by 3. John Cena threw out the first pitch and then gave the Ted Williams jersey he was wearing to (I think) a Make-A-Wish child that was there. Nice gesture.

Wow! What a comeback by the A's. Foulke made some bad pitches, but kudos for the 4 run comeback, now for Dotel or someone else to hold off any Sox charge.

MLB ERA
    HaHa!! Foulke just got lit up by the hapless ass A's!! That's bad Keith, we'll see you on sportscenter asshole.

MLB ERA
    high-larious to say the least

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast