Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Thursday 7/13 - Sunday 7/16 A's @ Red Sox

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    8 run 8th inning...that's what they get for throwing at Kotsay and Thomas...then hitting Thomas all after thinking Zito hit Ortiz on purpose

what a beating...Bradley 3 for 4 with 3 runs and 3 RBIs. Ellis 3 for 5 with 2 runs and 5 RBIs. Kotsay 3 for 5 with 2 runs and 2 RBIs.

MLB ERA
    15 - 3 A's...we at least will get a split out of this :phew:

MLB ERA
    One more in win this series but the split is nice. I missed that 8 run inning as I had to go pick my son up.

Again, good win.

MLB ERA
    don't get me wrong...3 out of 4 or a sweep would be wonderful...I'm just happy to at least get the split...especially considering how we were playing before the break. Bradley was awesome tonight...Ellis was great, too.

MLB ERA
    5-0 Red Sux in the bottom of the fourth. With Shelling on the mound this is pretty much a done deal.

We need to score tho to avoid our 7th shutout of the year.

MLB ERA
    We now have a beanball war in the making. Haren hit Veritek in the back last inning and Shelling just nailed Swisher in the back (it was obvious).

At the rate he's going this series, the hit would have been a double, Schilling saved the Sox a base.

*runs*
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    You better run because that was bullchiat........

MLB ERA
    Zito and Haren clearly didn't hit Ortiz and Tek on purpose...Ortiz didn't even look like he got hit. But Schilling was obviously intentional and so was that chump last night who made 2 obvious throws at players before actually hitting someone

MLB ERA
    A's lost 7 - 0...good news is Texas lost 8 - 1 and Seattle lost 7 - 6...bad news is the Angels are winning 4 - 2 right now.

MLB ERA
    there is no excuse today. We're going up against a chump in "kyle snyder"...we should destroy him. Also, the key members of our pen are well rested, so I say let's get 5 from fatso and send him to the showers and let the pen do its job.

MLB ERA
    woo hoo! it looks like mlb.tv ****ed up again is going to let me watch the game like it did on Friday night

Also, I hope fatso drills someone in the head today...being Swisher's buddy, I wouldn't at all be surprised if he did.

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSo...format=&page=1

“We’ll just see what happens tomorrow,” Swisher said, more than once. He snorted, literally, when asked if Schilling’s 2-0 pitch - “It felt like it was 120 (mph) - was on purpose. “Everyone in the (expletive) stadium knew it was on purpose.

“I didn’t think anything of it for the first two pitches, and then all of a sudden I catch one right in the (expletive) ribs. I mean, if you don’t think that was on purpose, you guys are crazy.”
    also

“I thought that was pretty bush league there, but I guess that’s the way they do things here,” Haren said of Breslow’s command.

And of Schilling’s command, Haren said, “We were losing 5-0 - obviously, throwing at a guy is kind of a ‘kicking him while he’s down’ kind of thing.”

Ken Macha, a good friend of Red Sox manager Terry Francona, argued long and hard with home plate umpire Mike Reilly about Schilling’s pitch.

“We watched some tape of David Ortiz - if they hit Frank because Barry hit this guy in the finger tips?” Macha said. “C’mon - let’s play baseball.”
    the article goes on to say that Sox fans accused Bradley of "crotch grabbing"

Bradley, according to a number of fans, popped out of the dugout after Swisher got hit and said, “Hit me, (expletive),” in Schilling’s direction.
    We're probably lucky Schilling didn't hit Bradley, though I doubt he'd have the balls to knowing full well that Bradley would go ballistic given his "nature"...we just got him back and don't need him suspended...he isn't in the lineup today for some reason though Swisher also isn't in the lineup.

MLB ERA
    no score going into the bottom of the 4th...I really can't believe we haven't scored off this piece of shit yet. We're going to end up making him look like Cy Young. 4 innings, 4 hits, 0 walks, 4 k's, and 2 DPs.

MLB ERA
    We'll be ok although Thomas did come out of the game.

Nice play by Jay!!

MLB ERA
    yea, I didn't quite catch exactly what the announcers said, but I think Frank was feeling ill and that's why he left. Before they mentioned that they just said he ran really slowly after his hit.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast