Thread: Dan Meyer out again and other minor league injuries

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Dan Meyer out again and other minor league injuries

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...PGIBJJNKE1.DTL

Triple-A Sacramento starter Dan Meyer, obtained in the Tim Hudson deal with Atlanta after the 2004 season, is out with the same type of shoulder problems that impaired him last year; the left-hander is not currently scheduled for surgery, however, and will attempt a "very moderate'' rehab program, according to Keith Lieppman, the A's director of player development.

"He's still on hold,'' Lieppman said. "We'll see if he responds to rehab.''

Two of the A's top prospects, first baseman Daric Barton (elbow fracture) and outfielder Javier Herrera (elbow ligament-replacement surgery) remain out at Sacramento. Utilityman Hiram Bocachica has just returned from a hamstring strain that led the River Cats to borrow Richie Robnett for five days; Robnett is now heading to Double-A Midland rather than back to Class-A Stockton.

Sacramento's Santiago Casilla, the former Jairo Garcia, is dealing with shoulder tendinitis, and Stockton's Luke Appert, who was leading the California League in on-base percentage, will miss the rest of the year with a broken ankle after getting hurt in a collision at first base last week. Double-A outfielder Danny Putnam, from Stanford, has missed more than a month with a strained posterior cruciate ligament and he could be out another three weeks.

Not all the injury news is poor, though. Dallas Braden, who won 15 games combined at Class-A and Double-A last season, could be pitching by July after rehabbing a shoulder injury all year.
    I don't think Meyer is going to develop and deliver like we had hoped. It's going to make the Hudson trade look bad. Hopefully, he can healthy, but I'm getting sick of this.

Barton should be back in July I believe...it said 6 - 8 weeks and the injury happened at the end of May.

Herrera is out for the year still I believe...which hurts his development...he's still only 21 though.

The way I see it, we should be free of any injuries for the next 2 years after all the injuries last year and this year

MLB ERA
    I'm just bumping this so it will be the post seen when viewing all of the forums...

MLB ERA
    bump...aren't you outraged ADH?!?!