Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: boss predicts championship in 2006

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Isn't that funny coming from a Sox fan who had a $40 mil payroll advantage in the WS 2 years ago? and the same team that had about 2 homegrown players on that team(if that many).
    You're right. That is funny. I'm sure we won't hear from him again in this thread, because he knows its true........

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

bosox34

[QUOTE=BoSox34]Well, if the World Series is ever decided on E-Bay, I am sure

that is funny shit.. How true it is though.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

yah i'm just rofl..

At least the Red Sox got it done when they had a significant payroll advantage on their WS opponent (of course, still 40 million less difference between STL and BOS, and BOS with NYY).
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    At least the Red Sox got it done when they had a significant payroll advantage on their WS opponent (of course, still 40 million less difference between STL and BOS, and BOS with NYY).
    Yeah, one time in 87 years- congrats! You act like the Yanks haven't gotten it done, we still have 4 Championships in the last 10 years.

Just saying, in the massive payroll era where the Red Sox and Yankees went ahead, don't make fun of the Red Sox for beating a team with a 40 million dollar advantage when the Yankees couldn't beat one with well over 100 million advantage in their hands.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Just saying, in the massive payroll era where the Red Sox and Yankees went ahead, don't make fun of the Red Sox for beating a team with a 40 million dollar advantage when the Yankees couldn't beat one with well over 100 million advantage in their hands.
    I understand the reality of the payroll advantage that we have, the only reason I mentioned anything was b/c another Sox fan brought it up as if the Sox don't have any advantages over everyone besides the Yanks.

Watching Sox fans attack the Yankees' payroll is like watching retards play football.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

That could make the least sense of anything I've ever heard. Now, if you said something like, "It's like Star Jones making fun of Kevin Federline for being lazy", then I could see it.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    The Red Sox have the #2 payroll, so you have no right complaining when you have an advantage over 28 teams, while the Yankees have that same advantage over 29 teams...you're not the Royals or something, so the fact that you'd even bring up the payroll is hypocritical to say the least.

I complained about payroll? I said that the difference b/w 80 and 120 is half of the difference between 200 and 120, and that a Yankee fan shouldn't be disparaging the idea that the Sox beat a team with 40 million more in payroll

MLB ERA
    Who cares about payroll? Neither one of us got further then the White Sox or Astros last year, and how much lower than us were their payrolls?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12