Thread: Matsui to sign...

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Matsui to sign...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...p-311244c.html

Hideki Matsui had lunch with his agent, Arn Tellem, yesterday in Manhattan, giving them a chance to talk face-to-face about what the next few days may bring.
    The two most likely scenarios - either signing a new contract with the Yanks that makes Matsui the highest-paid Japanese player in the game or becoming a free agent for the first time - would figure to increase a person's heart rate a little, but there was little anxiety in Matsui's words, according to Tellem.

"He was calm," Tellem said in a phone interview. "Just like he always is. He's comfortable with the situation and is ready for whatever happens."

All expectations are that Tellem will reach a deal with the Yanks by tomorrow's self-imposed deadline. Tellem spoke with GM Brian Cashman yesterday and is likely to meet with him today for some intense negotiating. Cashman didn't return a call and Tellem wouldn't get into specifics about their conversations, but it's believed the sides will ultimately settle on a four-year pact worth approximately $48 million-$50 million that could include a fifth-year option. That would surpass in value Ichiro Suzuki's contract with the Mariners, which reportedly pays him about $11 million a year.
    Good for the Yanks, but still no CF...unless you like Matsui in center.

I like Matsui in CF.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    i could deal with matsui in cf myself.

AAA ERA
    Way too much money if this was a normal deal but since they make all that japanese money off him it's a good businesss decision. Hideki was dreadful in LF last year so I don't want to see him in CF, I'd prefer he be a DH.