Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let me just say...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I don't think these average pitchers are going to get a lot of money or a long term contract. They do need to sign Baez first thing for a decent amount of money.

Heck Yah. Baez was amazing for them. TB needs a GM in place.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    The Yankees need to sign a reliever of Baez or BJ Ryan's caliber or else next season will end up eerily similar to this one.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Not to mention the fact that Tom Gordon has said he wants to leave.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Screw him, he's another guy who chokes when the playoff pressure is on. Oh where have you gone Paul O'Neill, Scott Brosius, Jeff Nelson, Mike Stanton, Tino and Bernie in their primes, Chuck Knoblauch, Ricky Ledee, Andy Pettite, El Duque, David Cone, David Wells, Graeme Lloyd, Chad Curtis...
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Screw him? He's still a good player and wants to leave because he wants to close again. Nothing wrong with that.

Flash Gordon > Jeff Nelson + Mike Stanton

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Flash Gordon > Jeff Nelson + Mike Stanton

You can't be serious, Nelson & Stanton were big time postseason pitchers who helped us win 3-4 Championships(4 for nelson, 3 for Stanton). All Gordon has done is choke come October.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Screw him? He's still a good player and wants to leave because he wants to close again. Nothing wrong with that.
    he's a good REGULAR SEASON pitcher, he's useless to us in postseason. We need pitchers that can thrive undrer pressure, Mr. throw up in the bullpen is not one of those players.

ERA in 2004 ALS vs. Minny: 4.91, (reg season ERA 2.21)
    ERA in 2004 ALCS vs. Bos: 8.10(2.21)
    ERA in 2005 ALDS vs. Ana: 3.86(reg season ERA 2.57)

Good riddance Tom, go close for a team that won't play in October so you can put up meaningless stats.

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    he's a good REGULAR SEASON pitcher, he's useless to us in postseason. We need pitchers that can thrive undrer pressure, Mr. throw up in the bullpen is not one of those players.

ERA in 2004 ALS vs. Minny: 4.91, (reg season ERA 2.21)
    ERA in 2004 ALCS vs. Bos: 8.10(2.21)
    ERA in 2005 ALDS vs. Ana: 3.86(reg season ERA 2.57)

Good riddance Tom, go close for a team that won't play in October so you can put up meaningless stats.
    I am awed by yet another poster seeing the light of the value of 'meaningless stats'. there is only one stat that matters and determines true value, WINS.
    Good job holding the fort nyjunc. We too, may not always agree, but you are a legitimate poster with valuable insights.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    You can't be serious, Nelson & Stanton were big time postseason pitchers who helped us win 3-4 Championships(4 for nelson, 3 for Stanton). All Gordon has done is choke come October.

Yes, I know. But would you rather have Mike Stanton and Jeff Nelson or Flash Gordon next year?

ERA
    Call NASA
    Next year, we will not have any of them. but as has been previously pointed out. Two of the three have helped bring us WS championships and one has not. The two who helped us win WS championships were invaluable and the best at their role in their time period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12