Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yanks Sign Mark Bellhorn

AAA ERA
    Why? I don't get it. Both Tony Wohorn and Mark Bellmack are quintessential rally-killers.

Funny how he snubbed Oakland. Funnier that the Yanks were not the only interested party.

I don't look for them to be used much. Another pinch runner or defensive replacement doesn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Why? I don't get it. Both Tony Wohorn and Mark Bellmack are quintessential rally-killers.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    Funny how he snubbed Oakland. Funnier that the Yanks were not the only interested party.
    How is it funny? He also "snubbed" the Dodgers. He wanted a chance to get back at Boston, to stay on the east coast and, as he put it, "Everyone wants to play for the Yankees"...so he signed with who he wanted. It was his choice. I'm glad he didn't sign with the A's as, unless Crosby is going to be out for a long period of time, he is of no use to us...

I think it is funny that he snubbed both the A's and Dodgers. I can care less the reason he signed.

I don't see him putting Cano on the bench with his talent either. Just another vet renta-player.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    How is it funny? He also "snubbed" the Dodgers. He wanted a chance to get back at Boston, to stay on the east coast and, as he put it, "Everyone wants to play for the Yankees"...so he signed with who he wanted. It was his choice. I'm glad he didn't sign with the A's as, unless Crosby is going to be out for a long period of time, he is of no use to us...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Cano and his talent of making errors. I think it is funnier that the Yanks signed him rather than him snubbing the A's and Dodgers. A's and Dodgers caught a break.

ERA
    Call NASA
    To each his own.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Cano and his talent of making errors. I think it is funnier that the Yanks signed him rather than him snubbing the A's and Dodgers. A's and Dodgers caught a break.
    I think they grabbed him before today in case of a middle-infield emergency so he could be eligible for the postseason. Other than that he'll be on the 40-man just to give our guys some rest before the postseason, which is certainly not a given for the Yanks. They have their work cut out for them.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Hey if he hits a deciding homer against the Red Sox, I will enjoy it.

Bellhorn can either be quite valuable (he wasn't much worse than Soriano last year) or a headache, good luck to Bellhorn, just not enough good luck to make a difference between win and loss.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Despite Bellhorn's terrible average, compare his line to Cano's and tell me he's so much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12