Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle is next...

Seattle is next...

We have Seattle next...Winning will take care of itself.

We are up on Cleveland by 2 games in the loss column and LA-Anaheim by 1 game in the loss column for the wildcard.

We are only 2 games behind in the loss column Boston.

Some key series after this one...we at least need 3 out of 4 let alone a sweep would be nice.

Moose in game one.

MLB ERA
    How sweet is it gonna be in the 3rd game? Randy returning to Seattle to face off against Felix. With the Unit giving up 5 bombs and Felix throwing a no no of course.

Yeah right. We will see who is closer to the No-No and who hits the bombs.

MLB ERA
    Taking a joke a little too seriously?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    Yeah right. We will see who is closer to the No-No and who hits the bombs.
    C'mon, don't be a homer now...Johnson has not met the Yankees and Yankees' fans expectations and you know it. He's only 12 - 8 when it seems like everyone here was predicting he'd easily win over 20 games. His ERA is over 4 and he's given up 29 homers so far. At least Felix Hernandez has lived up to expecations...so far.
    Last edited by Providence A's; 08-28-2005 at 09:03 PM. Reason: lived up...not lifted up lol

ERA
    Call NASA
    Johnson has his team contindeing for the pennant, while F. Hernandez has his team solidly entombed in last place. I'll take Johnson on my team. Right, it's the other guys.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    Johnson has his team contindeing for the pennant, while F. Hernandez has his team solidly entombed in last place. I'll take Johnson on my team. Right, it's the other guys.

I really didn't know how to respond to this post so I'll just smile and nod.

I never said that Johnson was having a Cy Young season. Yes, he has been overall disappointment but this is still the same guy that has been great year and out since he left Seattle.

I just believe that the Yankees are rolling and especially with the bats. I don't believe Seattle is playing that good of ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    C'mon, don't be a homer now...Johnson has not met the Yankees and Yankees' fans expectations and you know it. He's only 12 - 8 when it seems like everyone here was predicting he easily win over 20 games. His ERA is over 4 and he's given up 29 homers so far. At least Felix Hernandez has lifted up to expecations...so far.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    That's without a doubt the worst post I've ever seen by any user in any forum on this entire site. Congratulations.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    I never said that Johnson was having a Cy Young season. Yes, he has been overall disappointment but this is still the same guy that has been great year and out since he left Seattle.

I just believe that the Yankees are rolling and especially with the bats. I don't believe Seattle is playing that good of ball.
    Of course he's the same person, but older and not pitching as well as he used to. Yes the Yanks are playing well and the Mariners are not. Johnson, however, is not pitching well and Hernandez is...something has to give. I think it will be a nice first real test for Hernandez facing the Yanks lineup.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87

I really didn't know how to respond to this post so I'll just smile and nod.
    It is hard to debate a fact, therefore a smile and nod is the right thing.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653
    That's without a doubt the worst post I've ever seen by any user in any forum on this entire site. Congratulations.
    Come now. I can give you thousands of meaningless, untrue, false, stupid posts by countless posters.

But a fact does stop people in their tracks.

AAA ERA
    Classic WM nonesense.
    Another Example:

Code:
    PITCHER           W-L       IP      H     ER       BB       HR       ERA       WHIP
    Randy Johnson    12-8      182.3   182    85       34       29       4.20       1.19
    Jeff Weaver      13-8      181.3   184    85       36       27       4.22       1.27
    What's the difference? According to WM Randy's having a good year because his team is contending, and Weaver is having a bad year because his team is 6 games out of first, 11 out of the Wild Card. Even though Jeff Weaver is responsable for more Dodger wins than Randy is for Yankee wins. And wins are all that matters, right Joe?

ERA
    Call NASA
    Where is the nonsense. Weaver has produced for his team one more WIN than Jonson has for his team, and both have the same number of losses. A pitchers job is to WIN for his team, and Weaver has done that to a most minute degree over Johnson. What are you trying to say?

AAA ERA
    You know damn well if I asked you who was having a better year between these two, you you'd say Randy, even though it is clear to everyone else reading this that neither is having a better year than the other, and going by Wins (like the WM) Jeff is responsable for 22% of his teams wins, while Randy is responsable for only 16.4%.

I'm saying you're giving Randy Johnson way too much credit. I'm saying that it takes 25 guys to win, so assigning blame or praise to one guy is nonsense. Its all so nonsense to do the reverse. That is, to evaluate an individual's talent based on his team's performance.

What you and your kooky theory are doing is taking the method for evaluating team achievment, and applying it to the individual. NONESENSE!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast