Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seattle is next...

ERA
    Call NASA
    I haven't given anyone credit. I wholeheartedly agree, winning and losing is a team achievement. And the best 25 guys win in the end. You are the one attempting to define each pitchers value by eachs W% to the team W%. And you are wrong yet once again. At this instant Weaver is having a better year than Johnson. If the YANKEES and Dodgers exchanged pitchers and they each carried their W/L records with them, the YANKEES would be a 1/2 game closer to the bosux after @130 games. Why do you continually state something as to the way you think, I think. If you wish to know how I think about an issue, just ask. Don't make up you answer and say it is mine.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    You are the one attempting to define each pitchers value by eachs W% to the team W%. And you are wrong yet once again.
    I knew that example would go over you're head. Bottom line: you gave Randy too much credit, and I gave you too much credit.

ERA
    Call NASA
    And down goes Hmark6, and down goes Hmark6. You just contradicted yourself, again.

AAA ERA
    And down goes Hmark6, and down goes Hmark6. You just contradicted yourself, again.
    Looks like you entertain yourself. If you saw the pm's and pos rep coming in on my behalf you'd clam up pretty quickly.

As it pertains to the thread that you have ruined (again) , Seattle is hobbling into this series losing 7 of their last 10. This offense is pretty poor so hopefully the quality Yankee starts will continue. Anything short of 3 out of 4 going into Oakland will be dissapointing. I can't wait for this weekends series with the A's!

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    As it pertains to the thread that you have ruined (again)
    You poor lost soul. If you review the thread, it appears that YOU are the one who brought Weaver into the thread. He has nothing to do with the YANKEE/Mariner series. You poor lost soul.
    Now repeat it ten time.....'joek ruined another thread', 'joek ruined another thread', 'joek ruined another thread', 'joek ruined another thread', 'joek ruined another thread', 'joek ruined another thread', 'joek ruined another thread', 'joek ruined another thread', 'joek ruined another thread', 'joek ruined another thread'.

AAA ERA
    Interesting post Joe, no one cares.

While the Yankees are battling the M's and A's on the left coast, the Sox are comfy at home with 4 against the D-Rays and 3 against the O's. These games for the Yankees are so important. Doesn't it seem like the Red Sox are always playing at Fenway where they're 21 games over .500. I just hope the D-Rays bats can steal a couple of wins against the struggling Sox arms. Those kids can hit!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Johnson has his team contindeing for the pennant, while F. Hernandez has his team solidly entombed in last place. I'll take Johnson on my team. Right, it's the other guys.

Interesting that Felix Hernandez has his team solidly emtombed in last place even though he wasn't even WITH the team for the first half of the season...and then some.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Interesting post Joe, no one cares.
    You brought it up lost soul, it appears you cared.

"Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

And again...it is my opinion that the Yankees get the W. I will not predict a Johnson gem but it is not out of the realm of reach. I believe the Yankees will bring their bats and find a way to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Of course he's the same person, but older and not pitching as well as he used to. Yes the Yanks are playing well and the Mariners are not. Johnson, however, is not pitching well and Hernandez is...something has to give. I think it will be a nice first real test for Hernandez facing the Yanks lineup.

AAA ERA
    The Giambino hits 2 more in a comeback win late last night, the Yanks were down 4-0 but Giambi hit a solo shot to make it 4-1 then a 3 run shot to give the Yanks a 5-4 lead and they won 7-4, see the recap below:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=250829112

ERA
    Call NASA
    And the beat goes on.

AAA ERA
    I'm so proud of Jason. I couldn't be happier for the guy. I feel like I can level with him. Jeter's been too clean. He's like a machine. But Jason is human, made his mistakes and repented. I can relate to that. Go Jason!

I admit I was on Jason's back about his futile start. I really respect how he stuck with it and is a big key in our surge. I felt when the season started that Jason could be the big difference in the lineup to put us over the top.

You almost need to get to the 7th spot in the lineup if everyone is clicking for a breather and that is a veteran like Posada or Sierra or Williams usually.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if Giambi was taking Human Growth Hormone as MLB is currently unable to detect it. He lost a lot weight and muscle mass last year and all of the sudden he's back to his "original" size.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/thiel/237251_thiel19.html

Almost certainly, there are players using human growth hormone, as well as newer generations of "the clear," the designer steroid exposed in the BALCO scandal. Both are undetectable by currently permitted testing. But I still wouldn't call users of performance-enhancing drugs bad guys, nor all of their achievements spoiled, by behavior that not only wasn't proscribed by baseball until 2003, but was tacitly encouraged by fan-driven market forces of the game.
    http://www.hgh-supplements-guide.com/

Human Growth Hormone, or HGH, which is chemically known as Somatropin, is actually a protein that is composed of 191 amino acids. Most of the body’s organs and systems depend on the hormone, in some way, to function. The pituitary gland is the site of human growth hormone creation. Somatropes, which account for more than fifty percent of the pituitary gland, actually produce HGH.

Human growth hormone peaks during adolescence and then decreases dramatically thereafter. For example, at the age of 40, production is about 40% of what it was at the age of 20. This decreasing trend continues with age. Physical effects associated with this significant decline include an increase in body fat and anxiety, and a decrease in general well-being. It is for these very reasons that HGH supplements have become so popular.

Human Growth Hormone Benefits
    Human growth hormone can stop some of the effects of aging and reverse some of its biological effects. For example, in many cases, users of HGH supplements experience improved brain functionality, weight loss, a rejuvenation of the skin, enhanced energy levels, the potential for significant muscle development and an increased sex drive.

Side Effects of Growth Hormone
    For all of positive effects of human growth hormone, there are a number of possible negative side effects of supplements of which potential users should be aware. Low blood sugar (called hypoglycemia) and improper thyroid function are the two most common. Other side effects include diabetes, enlargement of the heart and/or kidneys, and high blood pressure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast