Thread: Yanks Close To Acquring Shawn Chacon?

AAA ERA

Yanks Close To Acquring Shawn Chacon?

The rumors are all over the internet, I can't post an article b/c at ESPN.com it is an "insider" article but as long as we don't give away much I think it would be a worthy gamble taking Chacon away from Coors Field.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/featu...P%3dILC-INHEAD

Since Wang is headed to the DL I definately see this as a possibility. I doubt he will be able to do much at all but he is all we can get without giving up the younglings.

MLB ERA
    Considering Shawn Chacon's history of alternating injuries and sucking out loud, he may not be the best acquisition.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

AAA ERA
    Here's a blurb from Today's post:

The Yanks and Rockies are haggling over Shawn Chacon. Colorado requested Henn, Proctor and $250,000. The Yanks countered with Double-A pitchers Ramon Ramirez and Eduardo Sierra.
    http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/26037.htm

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    he's below .500 (24 - 43 in his career) and has a career ERA of 5.25...I know he's been in COL for his career, but still...not too impressive. I wouldn't give COL too much for him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    "The Yanks and Rockies are haggling over Shawn Chacon. Colorado requested Henn, Proctor and $250,000. The Yanks countered with Double-A pitchers Ramon Ramirez and Eduardo Sierra. "

Ramirez is at AAA now, but he's not been too impressive. Eduardo Sierra can flat out throw the ball though. Like Proctor... and he has similar ability with his other pitches... aka none. I personally wouldn't do either deal... though from what I hear, Colorado fans like him when he's not hurt... don't know why, the numbers don't look special. However, he still is only 27... going to be 28 in September... perhaps we can get something out of him, like we did with Sturtze?

In every year except 2003 since 2001, he has been from .3 to 2 ER better per 9 innings away from Coors than at Coors, and it's around a 3 ERA away from home in a very small sample size. Over his career he has around a 5.5 ERA at home and a 4.9 ERA on the road, and Coors can mess up the best of them. Maybe that's why.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AAA ERA
    I read this in Newsday about the Chacon deal:

The Rockies like Yankees lefthander Sean Henn, who is anything but untouchable, as well as relievers Scott Proctor and Eduardo Sierra. The Rockies also would like to talk about sending outfielder Eric Byrnes to the Yankees (who could use the help), but they'd probably want Melky Cabrera in return.
    I'd like to include Cabrera and get Byrnes. What does everyone else think?

Click the link for entire article:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...ball-headlines

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I'd like to include Cabrera and get Byrnes. What does everyone else think?

No. No no no. Cabrera is going to special in a couple of years. It might not be in CF. It might be in RF. But he will turn out much better than Byrnes. If they trade Cabrera I will be pissed. He is 20. He needs more seasoning but once he gets it he will be something.

AAA ERA
    I have not been impressed w/ Cabrera one bit. usually even when guys are struggling you can see they may develop into something. he's not fast, he can't hit, the only positive is he is a switch hitter. I'll give him time to reserve final judgement but I am not real high on him.

Dude. The guy is 20. Give him a break. Byrnes, besides his constant hustle, isn't exactly the most talented guy out there. He certainly isn't someone I'd want to mortgage our potential future for.

Haha, of course he makes me look stupid when he misplays another ball. Woo... I am having quite a night.

I have agree with Veovis. Why give away a guy that may become something?

We need Chacon or actually want Chacon. That is it, take a couple of pitchers and be done with it. I think we are stupid for allowing teams to rake us over the coals over a below par talent.

It just bothers me that so much is made year in and out that it is the end of the world if we don't win it all. This would be a major flop with the payroll and talent if we didn't make the playoffs but we have enough to get some help this winter and make a run next year.

I feel good this year though, we just need to weather the storm a bit for a couple of weeks and we will be fine.