Thread: Anyone think that we will make a trade let alone a blockbuster...

Anyone think that we will make a trade let alone a blockbuster...

I hope we ride with what we got. The only intriquing rumor I have heard was AJ Burnett and Miquel Cabrera for Sheff.

I would be hard pressed to turn that down when AJ is healthy again. If we can get both of them to sign long term contracts.

Rookie ERA
    I would do that but they wont. Sheff has made himself untradeable, i would love those 2 but its not gonna happen so im not gonna get excited.

MLB ERA
    Burnett and Cabrera for Sheffield? That's nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There's no way in he** the Marlins would make that deal. Yanks fans must think Rick Spielman is the GM of the Marlins too.

Are you sure you didn't hear the AJ Burnett and Juan Encarnacion for Sheffield rumor?

I have heard some rumblings about Chacon for a PTBNL. This would concern me except for the fact that the Yankees have just hired Joe Kerrigan who I think could turn the kid around. I'm not sure if Mel has that in him.

RLA, you must be on crack to think the Marlins would do that trade. The only possible trade with the Marlins would be Burnett and Encarnacion for Sheff and cash.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I don't see a blockbuster trade happening. No good to give up and losing Sheff helps no one except the team he is traded to.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    I don't see a blockbuster trade happening. No good to give up and losing Sheff helps no one except the team he is traded to.
    Is he even going to show up to play for that team? Or was that just a rumor? I think it was in the Post he (allegedly) said the only team he'll show up for is the Yankees.

I never said I thought it would happen.

It might have been Encarnacion but anyways, the only trade I would like to see happen is for another stud pitcher that is young.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    RLA, you must be on crack to think the Marlins would do that trade. The only possible trade with the Marlins would be Burnett and Encarnacion for Sheff and cash.