Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game of the first half: What will the Unit give us today?

AAA ERA
    jose Hernandez singled, runner on 1st w/ 1 out.

AAA ERA
    Randy strikes out Ron Belliard looking, 2 out w/ a runner on 1st.

5 2/3 8 K's but 9 hits allowed

AAA ERA
    He gets out of the 6th w/ 0 runs. After 5 1/2 still 6-3 Yanks.

Due up Caberera then the top of the order for the 4TH time to look at Westbrook.

AAA ERA
    Westbrook is approaching 100 pitches, Cabrera grounded out but Jeter singled so 1 on and 1 out for Cano.

Boy, I would have loved to see Cabrera get off to a better start overall. We could use a decent defensive CFer that can do something with the bat as well.

It would leave Womack out in the cold but OH WELL.

AAA ERA
    Hard shot by Cano but great play by Hernandez to double up jeter. Ebd of 6 still 6-3 Yanks.

I really like Cano but I have my issues with him batting 2nd. He has an electric bat that I think would be great in the 9 hole.

Ideally, I would like Jeter batting 2nd because he can hit behind runners better than anyone but we don't have a leadoff guy. If Melky doesn't work out that may become an issue to address this winter.

AAA ERA
    Randy is done, Wayne Franklin is in. I think I would have gone 1 more inninng w/ randy but we'll see.

Randy's line: 6 IP, 107 pitches, 9 Hits, 3 ER, 1 Walk, 8 Strikeouts.

Not great but he gutted his way through 6 and could get the W.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    I really like Cano but I have my issues with him batting 2nd. He has an electric bat that I think would be great in the 9 hole.

Ideally, I would like Jeter batting 2nd because he can hit behind runners better than anyone but we don't have a leadoff guy. If Melky doesn't work out that may become an issue to address this winter.
    Womack was going to be the leadoff guy and w/ his speed he copuld have been an ideal fit but it didn't work out. I'm not sure Melky will be here long term, I think he's trade bait and whoever we get to play CF will ideally be the leadoff guy.

I would have liked another inning but Randy was not great today. We have some room for Franklin to get his feet wet in the game today.

I think this is a good move by Torre(you won't me say that often). Let's get some people some innings that we may count on in October.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Randy is done, Wayne Franklin is in. I think I would have gone 1 more inninng w/ randy but we'll see.

Randy's line: 6 IP, 107 pitches, 9 Hits, 3 ER, 1 Walk, 8 Strikeouts.

Not great but he gutted his way through 6 and could get the W.

Yep. I thought that way about Womack as well but he is not a good enough OBP guy for that.

I have a feeling that the Yankees probably are eyeing someone. I think Juan Pierre of Florida is due to be a FA. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Womack was going to be the leadoff guy and w/ his speed he copuld have been an ideal fit but it didn't work out. I'm not sure Melky will be here long term, I think he's trade bait and whoever we get to play CF will ideally be the leadoff guy.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    Yep. I thought that way about Womack as well but he is not a good enough OBP guy for that.

I have a feeling that the Yankees probably are eyeing someone. I think Juan Pierre of Florida is due to be a FA. Just a thought.
    I just don't want damon under any circumstances, I'd be ok w/ Pierre though I didn't like his rap at the parade 2 years ago

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast