Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/9/05 Game thread Yankees vs Indians

You can't buy a break. We cut the lead to 7-6 then Tanyon gives up at least 1 in ninth.

8-6 1 out with a runner on 2B.

Middle of the 9th we are down 8-6 to the Indians.

We need to get the bats working. Clutch hits guys!!!

Very tough loss, IMO.

We are down 8-7 after a HR by Sierra. We have runners on 1st and 2nd and no outs.

Um, how the heck does Cano not get a bunt down? With Sheff, ARod and even Matsui coming up...guaranteed we could have tied it. The Double Play killed us as well as ARod not getting a clutch hit.

Most of all we can thank Mr. May for 7 runs allowed.

AAA ERA
    Um, how the heck does Cano not get a bunt down?
    Anything but a DP there, strike out if you have to. I thought we had it. This was a tough loss, we should have won and been just 2 out in the L column.

I think he could have gotten it down if he had a second whack at it. He has had two successful sac bunts this season. Torre gave him one shot at it and then decided to hit and run which ended up not being a great idea in retrospect. Anyway, with Randy going tomorrow hopefully we will have better luck. We came back today against the best BP in MLB. Hopefully they keep the positives of this game and not the negatives.

Hindsight is 20/20. If he hit a HR, we all would marvel at Torre's brilliance. A loss is a loss though, and I am not happy with May's outing.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Very true General. If he hits the ball down the RF line and scores Womack along with getting Jeter to 3B, then we would marvel at the great move to take the bunt off. It is tough though as NYJunc said that it would have put us 2 back in the loss column.

I would love to see the Big Unit throw a gem today and see some good lively bats from our side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12