Thread: Rigged final voting?

Rigged final voting?

How could it be possible that Podsednik won a POPULARITY CONTEST over Jeter and Matsui? Jeter is the fan favorite all over the country and New York is a very big market with a ton of fans who all probably voted for him. Matsui has all of Japan to vote for him. What does Podsednik have? Chicago? Meh...how could something like this happen? He's only batting 289. Just because he has the most stolen bases doesn't mean he should make it over DEREK JETER.

Jeter and Matsui are both Yankees. They likely split the Yankee vote (Matsui from the statheads and Jeter from the fanboys, mix of inbetween), and the bandwagon vote wasn't with the Yankees. Podsednik is on the best team (currently) in the AL and is an exciting player. He was the worst possible choice in my book and Matsui or Jeter was the best, but tough.

Jeter was the 3rd best SS in the AL, and if the AL players only wanted one backup SS and Francona had to fill up his choices with exclusive team choices, what can you do?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AAA ERA
    The Sox heavily capmaigned for Podsednik while the Yanks did not for their 2. The Sox made sure fans knew they had to vote and it worked. I don't have a problem w/ another White Sox player going, they deserve it as they have beent he best team in the league the first half.

I think it is best to give them the rest.

I agree that they probably split the vote. I wouldn't go as far as saying that "Jeter is the fan favorite all over the country". I live in the midwest and have heard many people say that Jeter is overrated. I also have heard people say, what would he be on say the KC Royals team.

I wouldn't trade him for anyone and feel it is a must to resign Matsui but as alos stated the bandwagon fans are looking at the WhiteSox right now. The Yankees were probably lucky to get as many on the All Star team.

Funny thing, this was a very good first half for Jeter and one could argue for him to be both the 2nd SS or the last man winner, just the wrong year for it I guess.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.