Thread: Gardner Headed To The DL

MLB ERA

Yankees Gardner Headed To The DL

Yankees outfielder Brett Gardner was put on the 15-day disabled list Sunday because of a broken left thumb, leaving the AL East leaders without their fastest player.

To replace Gardner on the roster, New York recalled reliever Jonathan Albaladejo from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Gardner got hurt while sliding into second base to break up a double play in the first inning Saturday against Oakland.

"We still have four outfielders for three spots where we can spell guys. But Gardy was a part of our club and we're going to be without him for a few weeks," manager Joe Girardi said. "It's possible we could miss him a lot. You can't predict the kind of games you're going to get in."
    New York Yankees outfielder Brett Gardner goes on DL with broken thumb - ESPN

Not news I wanted to hear. I really like this kid and he has been a pleasure to watch. Hopefully this doesn't hinder him too much so that we can see him back on the field fairly soon. We've been playing great as of late and currently hold a 2 and a half game lead over the Sox. Hopefully he recovers quickly and lets continue to roll.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Re: Gardner Headed To The DL

This really will hurt the team. He is a very good player having a good season. Melky Cabrera can handle CF for a while, but I don't think he's quite the player Gardner is.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon