Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop babying Joba and let him pitch

MLB ERA

Re: Stop babying Joba and let him pitch

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I o know what I am talking about and have made it clear in this very forum. Lincecum has flawless mechanics.
    Like I said, if you're arguing in favor of Lincecum in regards to this, I'll allow you your opinion.

I personally think that there's nothing wrong with the normal method, but I agree that Lincecum's complex mechanics are the best in baseball.

I don't think that his way is the only way, however.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I'm not saying Timmy's way is the only way. Joba just doesn't use his lower body properly and relies on his arm too much which leads to shoulder problems, much like it did last year. I have always wanted him to stay in the pen for that reason. Joba didn't have to worry about being babied after taking a liner off his knee in his last outing. How he pitched after that I don't know. He's a beast!

MLB ERA

I'm not saying Timmy's way is the only way. Joba just doesn't use his lower body properly and relies on his arm too much which leads to shoulder problems, much like it did last year. I have always wanted him to stay in the pen for that reason. Joba didn't have to worry about being babied after taking a liner off his knee in his last outing. How he pitched after that I don't know. He's a beast!
    I don't mean to be a dick here, but you can't honestly think you know more than people getting paid millions of dollars to dissect and analyze his motion. I'm sure it's in excess of fine, and NO pitcher can hit 100 MPH with a "bad motion"

However, yes, he is a beast.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I know he is going to have a history of shoulder problems which has already started. That's why he is being "babied". And yes, people with bad mechanics can hit 100 mph. They just can't do it forever. You don't see Joba hitting 100mph do you?

MLB ERA

I know he is going to have a history of shoulder problems which has already started. That's why he is being "babied". And yes, people with bad mechanics can hit 100 mph. They just can't do it forever. You don't see Joba hitting 100mph do you?
    Show me any starter in the majors who can...maybe Verlander.

Joba's been hurt significantly (2x) for shoulder problems...so maybe. I really hope not though.

MLB ERA

He does have the dreaded "inverted W" so it's possible.....but I hope not too
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    Show me any starter in the majors who can...maybe Verlander.

Joba's been hurt significantly (2x) for shoulder problems...so maybe. I really hope not though.
    Show me when Joba has hit 100 mph as a starter. His velocity is only around 100 when he is a reliever.

MLB ERA

Show me when Joba has hit 100 mph as a starter. His velocity is only around 100 when he is a reliever.
    Never said he could...I won't poo-poo the high 90's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12