Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yankees royally owning KC, taking all 3 games

1 14.29%
  • Yankees royally beat KC in 2.

2 28.57%
  • the not so Royal(s) shocking the world, taking 2 from the Yankees

2 28.57%
  • 2012 has come early, the not s Royal(s) win all 3.

2 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yankees vs the not so Royal(s) Series thread

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Yankees vs the not so Royal(s) Series thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    stop with the whole "the other team sucks the yankees should sweep this" shit. its obnoxious as shit, uneducated fans do that nonsense. same with the whole play on the opposing teams name.
    Thank you man, I totally agree...it's shit like this that is why people hate Yankees fans. And I completely can't blame them.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24 View Post
    CC pitched extremely well today. A total change from his last start. I am really liking Nick Swisher so far this year. Not only is he fun to watch and livens up the clubhouse, but he has been producing like a mad man. Maybe he will reach the potential people thought he had when he first entered the league in Oakland.

The team is looking pretty solid so far. Pretty satisfied with what has happened.

Swisher has been great, Joe has to keep penciling him in the lineup for now.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    stop with the whole "the other team sucks the yankees should sweep this" shit. its obnoxious as shit, uneducated fans do that nonsense. same with the whole play on the opposing teams name.
    Is it really that big of a deal? Looking at the pitching matchups you'd favor the Yankees clearly the first 2 games, it's closer today but ON PAPER the Yanks had a good chance to sweep coming in if they played like they were capable. 2 games in they have and they have a chance to complete the sweep. They may not but it wasn't outrageous to say the Yanks should sweep- the better word might have been "could" instead of should but it's nitpicking.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Is it really that big of a deal? Looking at the pitching matchups you'd favor the Yankees clearly the first 2 games, it's closer today but ON PAPER the Yanks had a good chance to sweep coming in if they played like they were capable. 2 games in they have and they have a chance to complete the sweep. They may not but it wasn't outrageous to say the Yanks should sweep- the better word might have been "could" instead of should but it's nitpicking.
    Yea but when it's done like this:

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    The Yankees should sweep this series.
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    Yankees should sweep this series.
    ...over and over and over again, it's obnoxious. I agree with Hammer. It's giving us a bad name
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

So? Doesn't change the fact that I expect the Yankees to sweep this series. And they are about to. So stop crying. I can't be passionate for my team?

Yankees Re: Yankees vs the not so Royal(s) Series thread

Anyways, to stop the helter-skelter, here's the preview. Joba pitches today.

KANSAS CITY -- Go ahead, you try to explain to Nick Swisher that he shouldn't be in the Yankees' everyday lineup. It's becoming a difficult case to make.

Still without a starting position, Swisher starred again in his roving role for the Yankees on Saturday, jumping from the outfield to first base and going 2-for-3 with a two-run homer, three runs scored and two walks.

The red-hot Swisher's debut with the Yankees has been downright dreamy, beginning with five RBIs in his first start. Through five games, Swisher is hitting .538 (7-for-13) with two homers and nine RBIs. His OPS is registering at an eye-popping 2.010.

"I'm absolutely loving it," Swisher said. "It's like I almost don't want to wake up. I don't want to soak it in right now. I want to keep that fire, keep that passion and keep that attitude going right now.

"When I come to the ballpark, I feel confident. I know in this game, you're going to go through ups and downs, but right now, things seem to be going pretty well."

His status made for a postgame conversation in the coaches' room, where manager Joe Girardi told his audience to sleep on the idea of keeping Swisher in the lineup for the series finale on Sunday. But there is no doubt that Swisher's contributions in his three starts have been much appreciated.

"He's playing well, he really is," Girardi said. "He's swinging the bat well, played a nice first base [Saturday] and had some tough throws that he had to dig out. Left-handed or right-handed, he's always a tough at-bat."

Swisher was looking for a fresh start after hitting .218 for the White Sox last year, and he may have found it in New York, where his high-energy optimism has been a welcome addition to what had been perceived by outsiders to be a stuffy and corporate clubhouse.

"In this game, you're going to have ups and downs," Swisher said. "Last year, I got knocked down pretty good. I decided to get back up, and I think it's been great. It's been such a fun year, and I think some of the success we've been having as of late is because we're having so much fun. It feels like we're going out there and playing the game of baseball that we all love."

Swisher boasts versatility in playing all three outfield positions, though the Yankees don't particularly see him playing center field. He was heavily considered for the right-field job in Spring Training before Girardi announced that he would be going with Xavier Nady.

"I just think everyone tried to stir it up and make such a big controversy about it," Swisher said. "That's not really our style. X and I are great buddies; we hang out all the time. ... I think that we all know the ability of each other, and we all know that we're probably going to have to give up at-bats for the other guys."

Pitching matchup
    NYY: RHP Joba Chamberlain (4-3, 2.60 ERA in 2008)
    The 23-year-old fireballer makes his first start of the season against the Royals, during which he may face fellow University of Nebraska alumnus Alex Gordon, who left Saturday's game with right hip tightness. Chamberlain was 3-1 with a 2.76 ERA as a starter last season and the Yankees went 8-4 in his starts. Among American League rookies, he ranked first in ERA, second in strikeouts (118), fourth in opponents' average (.233) and seventh in innings pitched (100 1/3). He had no record and a 3.18 ERA in two games vs. Kansas City, including a June 8 start, when he went 4 1/3 innings, allowing three runs (two earned).

KC: RHP Gil Meche (0-0, 1.29 ERA)
    Meche pitched very well on Opening Day, holding the White Sox to just one run on seven hits in seven innings. He went unrewarded when the bullpen blew his 2-1 lead. Meche has become used to disappointments, though. In his previous two years with KC, his cumulative ERA was a mere 3.82, but his won-lost record was a modest 23-24. If his first outing is any indication, he's primed for another good season.

Tidbits
    Jorge Posada doubled in his first two plate appearances, collecting five RBIs in this series so far. He has 320 career doubles, one shy of Yogi Berra for 11th place on the Yankees' all-time list. Posada is a lifetime .322 hitter vs. Kansas City with 14 homers and 65 RBIs. ... Robinson Cano's 15-game hitting streak dating back to last season snapped on Saturday. ... Cody Ransom's fifth-inning error Saturday was the Yankees' first this season. They were the only remaining team in the Majors without a miscue. ... After recording four strikeouts in their first two games, Yankees starters have registered 18 over their past three games.
    Swisher shows Yankees he belongs | yankees.com: News

Hammer, are you being serious now? The Yankees should sweep this series. Saying something like this is by no means "obnoxious". Maybe if the Royals were the Red Sox it would be a wild statement. However, they are not. This by no means gives Yankees fans a bad name Brown, come on. Stick up for the guys on your own side. Saying that BB is an uneducated fan is just dumb and OBNOXIOUS. If you don't like reading what the kid writes as his title then don't read it. Don't make a big stink over nothing.

MLB ERA

Couldn't pick up the sweep today, losing 6-4. Joba gave up 5 hits and 3 ER in his season debut while Phil Coke came in picked up the loss. The Yankees travel to Tampa Bay now for a three game stint.

Only 1 run was earned. I think Giraradi should hve put in MO formtye 4 out save.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24 View Post
    Only 1 run was earned. I think Giraradi should hve put in MO formtye 4 out save.
    That is what I thought he was doing but unfortunately he didn't. I think he made too many calls to the pen. Tough loss and now for the 3rd time in a week the Yanks have to watch another team celebrate their home opener only this time it's the Rays as they raise their AL Pennant flag. I haven't looked it up but have any other teams been involved as the road team in 3 home openers?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12