Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andruw Turns Down Yankees?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Andruw Turns Down Yankees?

You keep basing this on a very big "if" and that's Jones getting into shape. And Jones' defense wasn't that good in 2007. Sorry bro but every single scout and Braves fan can't be wrong. Plus my eyes are pretty damn good.His defense has been in decline for years. And for the last time, THERE ARE BETTER OPTIONS OUT THERE!!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A piece of garbage is still a piece of garbage even if you pay just pennies on the dollar for it.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

+rep

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    You keep basing this on a very big "if" and that's Jones getting into shape. And Jones' defense wasn't that good in 2007. Sorry bro but every single scout and Braves fan can't be wrong. Plus my eyes are pretty damn good.His defense has been in decline for years. And for the last time, THERE ARE BETTER OPTIONS OUT THERE!!
    YOU'RE NOT LISTENING. I'M NOT SAYING HE'LL BE A STUD. If you can get a guy to play a competent CF or more likely LF, hit .240 and 20 HR in platoon play, all for the MLB Minimum(or he doesn't get into shape and gets flat out released and paid nothing), and YOU are the dumbass GM to turn that down? You'd be fired!

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    A piece of garbage is still a piece of garbage even if you pay just pennies on the dollar for it.
    But if he does get himself in to shape, he wouldn't be a piece of garbage. He could at the very least be a decent bench player, ASSUMING HE'S IN SHAPE. If he doesn't get in shape, he doesn't get paid....thats his choice. I would bet anything that given the option(with no guaranteed money) he would find a damn way to get in shape.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    You're just bitter

I say it's worth the small price. You guys can all have your differing opinions. But it's sad when you're killing the Yankees for a minor league contract offer. Talk about nitpicky...

In the end, none of this matters anyways cuz he turned down the offer
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

What ****ing reward? Where have you guys been??
    The odds may be very small of it happening, but the reward is him returning to form from a few years ago.

Because the risk (and most likely scenario) is him rotting in AAA or on their major league bench on a MLC (or league minimum in case of promotion) it's not that big of a deal from the Yankees standpoint.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    YOU'RE NOT LISTENING. I'M NOT SAYING HE'LL BE A STUD. If you can get a guy to play a competent CF or more likely LF, hit .240 and 20 HR in platoon play, all for the MLB Minimum(or he doesn't get into shape and gets flat out released and paid nothing), and YOU are the dumbass GM to turn that down? You'd be fired!
    I am listening loud and clear and its all bullshit!! You somehow have this notion in your head that Jones will magically wake up and get into shape. You have no proof of this happening or even mattering in the least bit! The likelihood of what you are suggesting is slim to none. I for one like to live in the real world. You are a dumbass GM if you take Jones over guys like Edmonds or Griffey who are far better options!! That's why it was dumb to offer any type of deal!! There are better options out there!!!

MLB ERA

I am listening loud and clear and its all bullshit!! You somehow have this notion in your head that Jones will magically wake up and get into shape. You have no proof of this happening or even mattering in the least bit! The likelihood of what you are suggesting is slim to none. I for one like to live in the real world. You are a dumbass GM if you take Jones over guys like Edmonds or Griffey who are far better options!! That's why it was dumb to offer any type of deal!! There are better options out there!!!
    Yeah, Edmonds and Griffey who will end up making 2-5 MILLION this year. So, get that out of your mind and realize that Andruw will sign for no guarantee, Griffey and Edmonds wont.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    The odds may be very small of it happening, but the reward is him returning to form from a few years ago.

Because the risk (and most likely scenario) is him rotting in AAA or on their major league bench on a MLC (or league minimum in case of promotion) it's not that big of a deal from the Yankees standpoint.
    1. That's why I said there would be no reward because Jones isn;t going to be that 50 Hr guy ever again.
    2. Jones would not go to AAA nor should he. No need to waste a roster spot or block anyone.

MLB ERA

1. That's why I said there would be no reward because Jones isn;t going to be that 50 Hr guy ever again.
    2. Jones would not go to AAA nor should he. No need to waste a roster spot or block anyone.
    Why do you need Jones to be a 50 HR guy?? If he signs a MLC, then if he hits 5 HR's it's a win situation

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    Why do you need Jones to be a 50 HR guy?? If he signs a MLC, then if he hits 5 HR's it's a win situation
    Leo said to return to form of a couple years ago. If he hits 5 HRs on a MLC, its still a waste of a roster spot and money. The whole point is Jones is not better than other men available and was a mistake for the Yankees to offer him a deal over others. Good lord this is utterly ****ing retarded arguing over Andruw ****ing Jones somehow becoming a good ballplayer again

MLB ERA

Jim Edmunds for $4 mil or Andruw Jones on a MLC?? I'd go Jones in a second

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Where did this $4 million come from?? And if you'd do that in a second, you wouldn't have a job long especially having the resources the Yankees do. Terrible decision!

MLB ERA

How can you possibly say there is ZERO ABSOLUTELY NO chance that Andruw at least improves on his last 2 seasons? I've seen much weirder things happen. Guys return to form after having down years all the time. Sure he's washed up. But for a MLC there's no reason not to take the small-no risk of him improving

Nobody here is predicting a massive all-star season from him. But he COULD, POSSIBLY, MAYBE improve. And that would make it worth it

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

How can you possibly say he can bounce back? There is NOTHING to suggest that he can while there is a lot to suggest he won't! How can you say it would be worth it when there are far better players out there that can help and are a helluva lot less risk than Jones? Jones is a slob with a bad attitude! Lets double Jones' '08 output, 6 HRs and 28 RBI. Still not worth a MLC. And where did the mysterious $4 million for Jim Edmonds come from?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast