Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Centerfield

MLB ERA

Re: Centerfield

I completely agree with you Reefer, the Yankees should absolutely keep Swisher, it was a good trade. but i think he should start in CF. he still could back up other positions if they need it, with Matsui occasionally playing in the outfield
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    But if they can deal Swisher to free up money for a starting pitcher(See Peter Abraham's last report that says they may need to dump salary to bring in Pettite), that may benefit more in the overall makeup of the team.
    The lack of bench really hurt the Yankees last year. Yankees still have question marks in regards to health. They NEED Swisher right now. Overpaying Pettitte right now isn't the best plan of action anyway. If Pettitte is gone, so be it. Cheaper fish in the sea. Plus the problem with trading Swisher is he hasn't done a damn thing to make his stock rise.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    I completely agree with you Reefer, the Yankees should absolutely keep Swisher, it was a good trade. but i think he should start in CF. he still could back up other positions if they need it, with Matsui occasionally playing in the outfield
    It looks like a lot better trade now that they have Teixeira

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    The lack of bench really hurt the Yankees last year. Yankees still have question marks in regards to health. They NEED Swisher right now. Overpaying Pettitte right now isn't the best plan of action anyway. If Pettitte is gone, so be it. Cheaper fish in the sea. Plus the problem with trading Swisher is he hasn't done a damn thing to make his stock rise.
    I agree with you, but the Yankees right now have 3.75 starters. Wang, CC, AJ. And that's assuming AJ can stay healthy. Joba will only make about 25 starts depending on his limit, and they'd rather stay away from Hughes. They aren't getting Lowe. Wolf doesn't seem interested. Who's left for them?

MLB ERA

It looks like a lot better trade now that they have Teixeira
    Haha yes it does. but i don't think that was the original intent of the trade

MLB ERA

I agree with you, but the Yankees right now have 3.75 starters. Wang, CC, AJ. And that's assuming AJ can stay healthy. Joba will only make about 25 starts depending on his limit, and they'd rather stay away from Hughes. They aren't getting Lowe. Wolf doesn't seem interested. Who's left for them?
    GARLAND I'VE BEEN SAYING IT FOREVER NOW. Take a look at Jon Garland, Yankees!!!

MLB ERA

And they haven't listened. So, that leaves them with an important hole to fill.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sabathia, Burnett, Wang, Joba, Hughes, Kennedy, Igawa and Karstens are what the Yankees have right now. Add them up and you might get 4 starters. The Yankees could try and work a deal for Gil Meche (I think they should), sign a Braden Looper/Randy Wolf type or take chances on guys like Brad Penny or Pedro as stop gap guys. All would be stop gap guys really.

Lets not forget the Yankees could use some work in the bullpen as well.

MLB ERA

The question is what it will take to bring those guys in. Meche costs more than Pettite supposedly would, and the others may or may not be interested in pitching in the Bronx...

MLB ERA

The bullpen will not be taking on any additions. Cashman said himself he considers the bullpen a strength of the Yankees. I semi-agree

MLB ERA

Not sure I'd call it a strength, but I think the rotation is a bigger hole right now.

MLB ERA

wait........the rotation is a bigger hole? CC, Wang, Burnett, Joba, and someone to be named that doesn't need to be incredible is a hole???

That has to be a joke

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The question is what it will take to bring those guys in. Meche costs more than Pettite supposedly would, and the others may or may not be interested in pitching in the Bronx...
    Meche would take giving up some pitching like Karstens, Coke and and maybe even dump Igawa on them. Maybe make a bigger package to include David DeJesus and Meche, fill two holes. Meche does costs more than Pettitte because he has been pitching better than Pettitte. Meche has back-to-back 200+ IP, sub-4.00 ERA seasons. Wolf is simply asking too much. A lot of teams are backing off him.

MLB ERA

wait........the rotation is a bigger hole? CC, Wang, Burnett, Joba, and someone to be named that doesn't need to be incredible is a hole???

That has to be a joke
    The Yankee bullpen at least has decency in depth. The rotation has 3 strong starters(but AJ won't make 30 starts), Joba will only make 25 starts. Right now, Hughes is your 5 starter. Even you have said that is not what you want. RIGHT NOW, it's a hole, because that "TO BE NAMED"....HAS YET TO BE NAMED, BECAUSE HE'S NOT ON THE TEAM!

MLB ERA

Meche would take giving up some pitching like Karstens, Coke and and maybe even dump Igawa on them. Maybe make a bigger package to include David DeJesus and Meche, fill two holes. Meche does costs more than Pettitte because he has been pitching better than Pettitte. Meche has back-to-back 200+ IP, sub-4.00 ERA seasons. Wolf is simply asking too much. A lot of teams are backing off him.

Karstens is on the Pirates, that might be tough.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast