Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Yankees are botching everything after the CC signing

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: The Yankees are botching everything after the CC signing

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Cameron washed up > Cabrera. Cabrera is a 4th OFer anywhere else. Cameron would still be a starter.
    Except in Seattle, maybe the Nationals.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Except in Seattle, maybe the Nationals.
    Well, SEA just got Franklin Gutierrez and WSN has Lastings Milledge, so I'm not sure he'd start those places either.

Unless of course they want to move him to a corner, which would be awful considering the production you're supposed to get from the corner OF'ers.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Well, SEA just got Franklin Gutierrez and WSN has Lastings Milledge, so I'm not sure he'd start those places either.

Unless of course they want to move him to a corner, which would be awful considering the production you're supposed to get from the corner OF'ers.
    Hitting wise yes...

But he has GG defense as proven, and if he can get his hitting act together, he'll be a damned good player...

Cameron is done.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cameron has GG defense as proven and even stole 17 bases last year. Did Cabrera steal 17 bases in the minors?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    Hitting wise yes...

But he has GG defense as proven, and if he can get his hitting act together, he'll be a damned good player...

Cameron is done.
    If he can, but he's not given any indications he will enough to be much better than a replacement level player offensively.

Yes, his D is good, and as I said, Cameron's was just as good last year, and is not getting worse. His offense was steady and within his career norms.

I know he's old, but there's nothing to suggest he's done, he's not even started declining yet. I mean, it's like you're looking at his age and using that.

Not all players age the same, so better, some worse. Cammy's not giving any signs of slowing down, and even if this is the year he starts declining, it's not like he's going to go to garbage, and will still be better than Melky to the tune of about 2-3 wins.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    If he can, but he's not given any indications he will enough to be much better than a replacement level player offensively.

Yes, his D is good, and as I said, Cameron's was just as good last year, and is not getting worse. His offense was steady and within his career norms.

I know he's old, but there's nothing to suggest he's done, he's not even started declining yet. I mean, it's like you're looking at his age and using that.

Not all players age the same, so better, some worse. Cammy's not giving any signs of slowing down, and even if this is the year he starts declining, it's not like he's going to go to garbage, and will still be better than Melky to the tune of about 2-3 wins.
    Damon looked like he wasn't going to decline when we signed him...

Now we're trading for a CF

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Damon had the arm of a baby when the Yankees signed him. Damon was signed for his offense. Cabrera has no offense. Plus Damon wasn't signed on a one year deal, Cameron is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    Damon looked like he wasn't going to decline when we signed him...

Now we're trading for a CF
    Damon put up a 118 OPS+ last year and has been good to great at getting on base since he came here. He's not declining, he's been banged up, which was always a concern with the way he plays.

If the argument against Cameron is Damon, I'm gonna have to say Cameron is a great deal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123