Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's looking more and more like AJ Burnett is headed for pinstripes

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Free Agent It's looking more and more like AJ Burnett is headed for pinstripes

ESPN's Jerry Crasnick has been all over the A.J. Burnett talks. Today he says the Yankees have a five-year deal worth about $85MM on the table. Burnett's agent Darek Braunecker isn't seeking much more than that - he's eyeing a Carlos Zambrano-influenced $91.5MM payday. It's an interesting comparison, given that Z's deal was signed over a year ago and not on the open market.

Crasnick says discussions continued with the Yankees late Wednesday. Yankee players have been calling Burnett, lobbying him to choose their team over the Braves. Crasnick believes a deal could be in place as soon as today.
    Stop calling him!!!! Let him waste Atlanta's money instead!!!
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Re: It's looking more and more like AJ Burnett is headed for pinstripes

he's perfect for NY
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Look like Atlanta really ****ed up by not giving Peavy the no-trade clause he wanted.

MLB ERA

Looks like there's an off chance you could get your wish Brown

Ken Rosenthal heard indications the Braves were preparing a final push for Burnett and would guarantee a fifth year.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Read the thread about posting more "stuff", so I'll give it a go, and I'm sure I'll screw something up.
    Yankees target Burnett pondering choice - New York Yankees baseball - NJ.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnett's Agent
    With offers in hand from the Yankees and Atlanta Braves, free-agent right-hander A.J. Burnett is "in decision-making mode," agent Darek Braunecker wrote in an e-mail.
    "Can't tell you when he will pull the trigger," Braunecker added.
    And this:
    YANK: A.J. IS BURN-ING FOR BOMBERS - New York Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappy NYPost
    Talking to a Yankee recently, A.J. Burnett informed the player they were going to be teammates.
    "He wants to come to New York - those words came out of his mouth," the player told The Post last night. "He really wants to play here."
    From all indications, Burnett will join CC Sabathia at the top of the Yankee rotation, and the deal could be sealed as early as today.
    Make me this:

MLB ERA

Baseball Slant Re: It's looking more and more like AJ Burnett is headed for pinstripes

I'd rather have sheets for 3/39 but Burnett isn't a bad pitcher, just overpaid but since when have the Yankees cared about that?

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Look like Atlanta really ****ed up by not giving Peavy the no-trade clause he wanted.
    Atlanta still has a chance to get him now that the Cubs pulled out, I don't really think the Angels will be serious bidders for him
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    I'd rather have sheets for 3/39 but Burnett isn't a bad pitcher, just overpaid but since when have the Yankees cared about that?

Atlanta still has a chance to get him now that the Cubs pulled out, I don't really think the Angels will be serious bidders for him
    Burnett isn't bad, he's just usually never healthy and I don't look forward to 10+ Dan Giese starts with Joba's starts needing to be picked up too.

I've read that ATL still isn't going to get back into the Peavy talks, but that may change if Burnett winds up in NY. Of course ATL will still have to give Peavy a NTC, unless Peavy is desperate enough now to go without it.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post

Yeah, the Atlanta talks are deader than the Cubs talks. Braves are focused on Burnett and Rady Wolf at the moment. I can see the Angels being big bidders if they lose out on Teixeira. I think the Angels have more to offer than most teams.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Burnett isn't bad, he's just usually never healthy and I don't look forward to 10+ Dan Giese starts with Joba's starts needing to be picked up too.

I've read that ATL still isn't going to get back into the Peavy talks, but that may change if Burnett winds up in NY. Of course ATL will still have to give Peavy a NTC, unless Peavy is desperate enough now to go without it.
    Welcome to the Yankees forum, Sisyphus.

Nice to have you here

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Yankees and A.J. Burnett have agreed to a five-year, $82.5 million contract, according to FOXSports.com and ESPN.com.
    Burnett would have looked pretty good at the top of the Braves' rotation, but the club is probably better off with him having taken the Yankees' offer. Odds are that he'll give the team three quality seasons during the five-year commitment. The soon-to-be 32-year-old has made just 30 starts twice in his career, both times in contract years. Of course, he is a legitimate No. 2 starter when he's healthy, and the Yankees should be able to cover his absences fairly well.
    Thoughts of Carl Pavano come to mind. I feel as though the Braves caught a break.

Hooray Dan Giese starts...

MLB ERA

FOX Sports on MSN - MLB - Yanks, Burnett agree to 5-year, $82.5M deal

ESPN - A.J. Burnett to New York Yankees for five-years for $82.5 million

The Yankees and A.J. Burnett have agreed to a five-year, $82.5 million contract, according to FOXSports.com and ESPN.com.
    Burnett would have looked pretty good at the top of the Braves' rotation, but the club is probably better off with him having taken the Yankees' offer. Odds are that he'll give the team three quality seasons during the five-year commitment. The soon-to-be 32-year-old has made just 30 starts twice in his career, both times in contract years. Of course, he is a legitimate No. 2 starter when he's healthy, and the Yankees should be able to cover his absences fairly well

MLB ERA

not too smart of a signing. I'm excited about seeing burnett in pinstripes, but not for that long...
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    not too smart of a signing. I'm excited about seeing burnett in pinstripes, but not for that long...
    The excitement will ebb after he hits the DL the first time. In May. I much rather would have had Lowe, league switch and all.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Oh well.

Stay healthy when it matters, AJ.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast