Thread: My ideal offseason going from here

MLB ERA

Yankees My ideal offseason going from here

Now that the Yankees have signed CC, which I have said from the middle of last season should be their #1 priority, where do the Yankees go from here?

This is what would be my ideal (and realistic) offseason, in order of importance:

1. Sign Ben Sheets to the offer they've given him: They offered him 2 years. No value was reported, but my guess would be in the $30 million range. This is perfect. 2 years is low risk. Sheets made 31 starts last year and had a 3.01 ERA. He's one of the best pitchers in baseball when he's healthy, and because the Brewers shut him down at the end of last year when his body wasn't taking kindly to 31 starts, he should be in good shape now.

2. Trade for Rick Ankiel: Before you all go nuts, hear me out. Not only is this a good idea, it's realistic. The Yankees, despite their concentration on the rotation, do need a #3 bat in the lineup, and a competent CF'er. This solves both in one fell swoop. If you don't think this could happen, read this:
    Rick Ankiel Rumors: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
    I would be ALL FOR trading Ian Kennedy for Ankiel. Since the middle of last year, I have been in the state of mind that the Yanks should keep Hughes, and use Kennedy as trade bait. Here is the perfect opportunity. I feel like Ankiel would be a great fit in New York, and would be a big hit with fans.

3. Do one of the following: Sign Lowe to a deal no more than 3 years OR sign Pettitte to a deal no more than $12 million: The Yankees still need a #5 starter. This sort of speaks for itself here, and is a big possibility.

4. Get an infielder for the bench to replace Betemit: AKA sign Nick Punto. He's a ridiculous defender, and he's not going to kill you with the bat when Jeter or A-Rod or Cano need a night off.

If all these happen, the Yankees will be in great shape. Will they all? Probably not. But it would be great if they did. Let me know what you all think.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: My ideal offseason going from here

I think Ankiel could be had and he is much better than Cabrera.

MLB ERA

Re: My ideal offseason going from here

But are the Yankees the front runner for Ankiel is the question. If what you say is true with the Rays offering Sonnanstine and Jackson, the answer is probably no, in which case they'll have to up the offer of Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.