Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Streaking

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emo
    Must've been brainwashed. I feel sorry for you for even attempting to defend that franchise.
    And you're a obviously brainwashed Yankee hater. I feel sorry for you for jumping on the bandwagon of Yankee hating. I guess it's normal to hate bandwagon fans of one particular team but let bandwagon fans of other teams like the Red Sox slide by.

Well check it.....Yankee fans, no matter how "real" they claim to be, have just the same amount of anti-Yankee fans as well. For people not willing to call themselves Yankee fans, God Bless 'em. because obviously they know what team to represent for in their regional area, and secondly they are logical enough to talk what real baseball is besides talking to a wall which are Yankee fans. I remember a quote from one of my favorite radio show hosts, Bruce Jacobs, (sadly enough a Bonds hater) and he said, "You don't want your children associating with Yankee fans."
    You should look at the Yankees forum more often. I doubt most of them are bandwagoners. And does " talking about real baseball" to you mean talking your ass off about other teams' misfortunes, like when Gagne got injured? Funny that your closer got shut down for the rest of year soon after and you disappeared until now. I like Bruce Jacobs too, but he's a Mets fan, so naturally, he hates everything the Yanks stand for. I like it when he rips the Yanks, too, but even he defended the Yanks during that Pedro/Zimmer incident when his callers were defending what Pedro did.

Because this season was when they were supposed to revamp? Or wait, Yankee fans say that every year and where does it take them? If you want, we can keep pace with the failures from 2001-2005 and you tell me, has there been improvements? And don't come out and say well they were in the World Series two of the four years 'cause in that zoo, it's all about a ring or the season's a failure.
    To the Yanks fans, anything short of a ring is a failure. Fans of other teams shouldn't feel any different just because their owner doesn't spend as much as the Yanks' owner.
    Mussina's age has nothing to do with mediocrity, but once his arm falls off, that's nothing more but somebody that affects the Yankee budget even more. (Ex. Giambi, Kevin Brown, etc.)
    Any high-paid pitcher with injury problems, whether it's Jason Schmidt or Curt Schilling is "nothing more but somebody" burdening the payroll.
    Now that you've mentioned Clemens, ever since he departed with Pettitte, the Yankee pitching staff was never the same again, and they only wish that they had them back.
    No shit.

Who?
    Eric Duncan and Phillip Hughes. If you haven't checked the board, they've been mentioned as prospects that the A's want in return for Mark Kotsay. Or do I have tell you who Mark Kotsay is either?

AA ERA
    General: Great job scanning the NY papers!

AAA ERA
    Heh, assuming. What are the majority of bandwagon Yankee fans? The youth and the young adults. What years do they hop the bandwagon? The good times. The dynasty. They don't know jack about what the franchise went through in the 1980's before Stenie came around, and heck, I'm sure most of these people don't even have a clue to who the manager was before Joe Torre.
    I'll give you credit for at least you didn't hop the bandwagon to be a Giant fan

Who is Stenie? Are you referring to Steinbrenner? He was the reason we never won in the 80s b/c he was doing then what he's doing now and that's overpaying for big names that we didn't need. Thankfully he was suspended in the early 90s and Buck & Stick were able to rebuild.

Winning teams always have bandwagon fans and when you are the most successful franchise in the history of sports you are going to have more bandwagon fans than anyone else. I agree bandwagon fans are annoying but you ignore them. Right now I see more Sox caps than I can count and I wonder where they were the past 86 years but you laugh it off and don't worry about it and don't take it out on us as we are here talking Yanks every day so we are not bandwagon fans. someday if the Giants ever win a WS( ) you'll see the Giant fan population jump incredibly.

AAA ERA
    Streaking thread is ruining the Yankees again. RLA lets get rid of this one too so the Bombers can get back on track.

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Instead of asking rhetorical questions that suggest the answers you are looking for how about supplying facts.
    Jennifer, it is rhetoric to you because you are unable to defend your position. What I posted was fact. You persue the age old BS of the 'big market', but cannot explain why the 'big market' NY teams have not dominated their sports, Mets, Jets, Giants, Knicks, Rangers,.....while the YANKEES have done so for 80 years. Win every time, no way, reach the playoffs every time, no way, win the WS every year, no way,......but more success than any other franchise in baseball. Another fact, the big market lost two teams in the late 50's. They moved to fresh new 'big markets'. Results, both combined haven't had the success of the YANKEES. And that is even with ten years of CBS running the 'big market, team into the ground, proving yet again, it ain't the market, it is the owner.

PS... sorry I did not respond sooner, but I had busines to take care of.

Dude, she's not here to answer that. I offended her and she left.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

ERA
    Call NASA
    You have that knack general.

Too bad it didn't work on you.

ERA
    Call NASA
    With my character, charm, confidence, and wit, nothing you or anyone says or thinks can annoy me. What annoys me is the utter ignorance of people who think losing makes a player great, while they belittle the winners. You ain't the best unless lyou win.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Jealously behooves you.

ERA
    Call NASA
    That is the trademark of one who uses truth, fact and reality as the cornerstones of a debate. And the opposition grasps at straws, extolls meaningless stats, and lauds failure.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    That is the trademark of one who uses truth, fact and reality as the cornerstones of a debate. And the opposition grasps at straws, extolls meaningless stats, and lauds failure.
    Thanks for proving my point

Joke, why would I be jealous of you?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast