Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeter = Worst fielder in the majors?

MLB ERA

Re: Jeter = Worst fielder in the majors?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    I agree. Jeter is WIN METHOD certified, so you can all hate him if you want, Jeter is a WINNER. He puts team WINS above meaningless individual statistics.
    Right, he must be the reason why the Yankees are successfull.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I love how it has to come down to being a "hater". Heaven forbid someone be objective about Jeter's fielding.
    When GF83 makes a post like "He wasn't winning any GG when ARod was a SS" and it's clearly meant to instigate, one is a hater.

Don't deny GF hates the Yankees. I'm being objective in calling him one.
    I agree. Jeter is WIN METHOD certified, so you can all hate him if you want, Jeter is a WINNER. He puts team WINS above meaningless individual statistics.
    While I don't agree, Jeter's clutch stats and playoff stats speak well enough for him. And while you may not appreciate his 4 WS, I sure do.

So attack him all you want. I'll watch my WS DVDs and smile when I see him celebrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    Right, he must be the reason why the Yankees are successfull.
    No, he has no importance at all.

Let's just put it this way: As good as Bonds is, he never lead his team to one WS, let alone 4.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    When GF83 makes a post like "He wasn't winning any GG when ARod was a SS" and it's clearly meant to instigate, one is a hater.

While I don't agree, Jeter's clutch stats and playoff stats speak well enough for him. And while you may not appreciate his 4 WS, I sure do.

So attack him all you want. I'll watch my WS DVDs and smile when I see him celebrating.

No, he has no importance at all.

Let's just put it this way: As good as Bonds is, he never lead his team to one WS, let alone 4.
    Do you understand the concept of a team game at all, Dry?

The fact that Jeter had a bunch of really good teams around him is irrelevant to conversations of how good of an individual player he was.

And he is/was a VERY good player, none-the-less, but a lot of that is because of his offensive skills.

While I don't personally think he's the worst fielder in the majors his defensive skills is the only thing this article and a lot of the ensuing replies are focusing on.

Not his offensive ability, not the quality of teams he's played on, his defensive skills.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

bleh, that was a joek reference. Must have gone over Dry's head.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

YOU ARE ALL YANKEE BASHERS.

DEREK JETER IS THE BEST FIELDING SS IN BASEBALL.

PERIOD.

joek 4 life
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Its not to instigate, its a FACT! Yankee fans just like to throw the "hater" card around.

I can't believe none of these rooks picked up on the JOEK reference. DK, you are a WINNER!

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24 View Post
    I can't believe none of these rooks picked up on the JOEK reference. DK, you are a WINNER!
    I picked it up easily.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I miss the Joke!!

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Do you understand the concept of a team game at all, Dry?

The fact that Jeter had a bunch of really good teams around him is irrelevant to conversations of how good of an individual player he was.

And he is/was a VERY good player, none-the-less, but a lot of that is because of his offensive skills.

While I don't personally think he's the worst fielder in the majors his defensive skills is the only thing this article and a lot of the ensuing replies are focusing on.

Not his offensive ability, not the quality of teams he's played on, his defensive skills.
    The guy won a WS MVP, finished 2nd in MVP Voting, and has won multiple GG along with being an integral part in 4 WS wins and leading our team to the playoffs every year he's been on the team except for one. In other words, you and GF and LTR say he doesn't deserve the accolades he has, but fact is it doesn't matter what you think. You don't vote on the HOF or any baseball awards.

I chalk your opinion up to being undereducated.
    bleh, that was a joek reference. Must have gone over Dry's head.
    I knew it, but if I played around LTR would've seized on it and made me seem like I was on his side.
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    YOU ARE ALL YANKEE BASHERS.

DEREK JETER IS THE BEST FIELDING SS IN BASEBALL.

PERIOD.

joek 4 life
    Hell Yes!
    Its not to instigate, its a FACT! Yankee fans just like to throw the "hater" card around.
    You know what else is a fact? The Giants suck.

If I go into all your threads I can defend it and say it all I want, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a dick thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24 View Post
    I know joek, RLA68, hmark6, all the old crew.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Typical Dry He has to resort to bringing my favorite team into something it doesn't belong. I didn't know stating fact was a dick thing to do especially when the fact has everything to do with the subject at hand!! You can come into the Giants forum all day long bro, I can constructive criticism.

MLB ERA

Dry I dont hate the Yankees, I mainly pointed out a fact that Jeter wasn't winning GG when Arod was playing SS.

MLB ERA

Typical Dry He has to resort to bringing my favorite team into something it doesn't belong. I didn't know stating fact was a dick thing to do especially when the fact has everything to do with the subject at hand!! You can come into the Giants forum all day long bro, I can constructive criticism.
    Why not?

Who said that bringing up Jeter's undeserving GG wins was pertinent to this conversation? He was one of the best fielders in the league when he won.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    Dry I dont hate the Yankees, I mainly pointed out a fact that Jeter wasn't winning GG when Arod was playing SS.
    And I merely pointed out that the Giants weren't winning at all.

See LTR, they're in the same vein.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Talking about Jeter when the topic is about Jeter is 100% pertinent to this discussion. Talking about Jeter having undeserved GGs when the topic is about him being one of the worst fielders in all of baseball is 100% on topic as well!!! The Giants on the other hand have absolutely nothing to do with this topic and shouldn;t have been brought up!! It was only brought up because someone can;t take outside criticism and has to resort to something safe no matter how much it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Sorry Dry but you are completely wrong! Hilarious!!

MLB ERA

It's OK.

Ignore that Jeter's RF in 04 and 05 was well above league average. Ignore that his FP was too. Also, ignore the stand diving catch he made on 7/1/04 in the biggest game that the Yankees played until they folded in October. Ignore the fact that a guy like Greg Maddux wins GG based off of no merit and that the award is arguably not even merit based, and that if you agree with that, then you can't argue Jeter wasn't deserving because there is no criteria.

So, you see, I get mad when people get at Jeter. Ask GF83 about Bonds and steroids. I personally have watched Jeter slow down 2 steps since 05. At the field I've seen. And still, I'd say he's nowhere near the worst fielder in the AL, let alone Majors. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in his jumps.

People said the same about Bernie once he lost his speed. And still, I'd rather have no one out there more, because when it comes to putting his body on the line or not quitting on plays, Jeter and Bernie are the best.

The game isn't just about talent and skill. Mindset and moxie mean more than anyone can measure. If you disagree with that, I'll gladly call you an idiot to your face.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast