Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008-2009 Off-Season Thread

MLB ERA

Yankees 2008-2009 Off-Season Thread

No playoffs for us which means, we can talk about the off season! We need to go out and make some serious moves which involve picking up, Teixera, CC, getting some bench players like Adam Dunn, Pat Burrell or maybe even Doug Mientkiewicz. We also have CF to worry about. Do you guys think Brett Gardner will be starting or should we go pick up someone like Rocco Baldelli? Also, do you guys think we should resign both Moose and Pettitte or just resign one? I read in article that if Mussina comes back he wants a three year deal, do we want to keep him for that considering his age now?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Re: 2008-2009 Off-Season Thread

Giantsfan's priorities:
    1. CC
    2. Resign Moose
    3. Get Teixeira
    Wait......let me get this straight......you want to get Adam Dunn or Pat Burrell.......AS BENCH PLAYERS?? No. If we get them, they start. Idk if I want them more home run hitters, but i guess maybe. I'd be all for a guy like Rocco. He's extremely talented if he can stay helthy. Although in the long run I think Melky will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Why in the hell would Adam Dunn want to go somewhere to sit the bench? Pat Burrell too? These can start for most teams and get paid just as well to do it. The bench is a major need for the Yankees as is a front line starter and a big bat. I agree with getting Teixeira but would hold off on C.C. for now. Teixeira would bolster the defense and drive in a shit load of runs. Spending the most money is not what they need to do here. Make smart, wise decisions instead of spending money just to do it.

AAA ERA

Yesterdau is why I am concenred about giving CC Santana+ money. He was terrible in postseason last year and was terrible again yestedray. We need guys who can pitch in october if we are going to pay them insane amounts of money, we already have an overpaid position player who cannot hit in October we don't need the overpaid pitching version.

I know he's been pitching on 3 days rest consistently and he won the game to get them in BUT I am concerned about when the lights really are bright if he can do it. That doesn't mean I don't wnat him but it's something to think about it.

MLB ERA

CC is the man. NOBODY can pitch 5 straight times on 3 days rest and be lights out the 5th time (Brewers take note. What a dumb move). What's impressive to me is how good he was the first 4 times

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It was only four times he pitched on three days rest and yes it is possible to complete it. I think after last year and this year we can say that Sabathia has trouble in the postseason. I am tired of the excuse that he is gassed. He wasn;t gassed the outing before when everyone thought he would. John Smoltz said he felt his best when he was pitching on three days rest. Sabathia is great at getting you to the playoffs but not good in the playoffs. Sabathia's velocity was there but could not hit his spots. He was overthrowing and trying to do too much. I am not buying this "he was gassed" excuse.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Not sure how I feel about CC...he's an absolute monster on one hand, but on the other hand you're gonna be tied up long to a guy who a) fails in the postseason and b) whose arm might fall off at any minute. If we sign a long-term deal, I'm all for it being Tex at first, he's a great defender as well as a big middle of the order bat, which we are going to need sorely.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Whatever you do Cashman, don't resign Pavano!!

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Whatever you do Cashman, don't resign Pavano!!
    Amen to that

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Not sure how I feel about CC...he's an absolute monster on one hand, but on the other hand you're gonna be tied up long to a guy who a) fails in the postseason and b) whose arm might fall off at any minute. If we sign a long-term deal, I'm all for it being Tex at first, he's a great defender as well as a big middle of the order bat, which we are going to need sorely.
    c) eat Brett Gardner
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    The Angels are not going to let Tex go easily. They have a lot of money to spend and he is worth their efforts to resign him.
    CC could be a very good signing, but he is too hot and cold to consider giving "Santana" money to. That is what he will likely ask for.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I see the Angels holding on to Teixeira with Anderson and Krod off their books now. Rumors say the Brewers might shop Prince Fielder since he will cost a lot in arbitration. Yankees need to be looking into that.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

More incentive to also get Sabathia so they can secure the heavy weight tag team belts.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I see the Angels holding on to Teixeira with Anderson and Krod off their books now. Rumors say the Brewers might shop Prince Fielder since he will cost a lot in arbitration. Yankees need to be looking into that.
    The Yankees need a 1B that can play in the field. Prince is not much with the leather. He would be a great DH for them, however. If the Yankees do not resign some of their other DH types -- Giambi, Damon -- they might have room for him.
    Another area of need for the Yankees is catcher. Posada is not going to catch more than 3 games a week next season and the replacements have not been more than barely adequate. What catchers are available this year?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The Yankees need a 1B that can play in the field. Prince is not much with the leather. He would be a great DH for them, however. If the Yankees do not resign some of their other DH types -- Giambi, Damon -- they might have room for him.
    Another area of need for the Yankees is catcher. Posada is not going to catch more than 3 games a week next season and the replacements have not been more than barely adequate. What catchers are available this year?
    nobody good. when there are rumors they're going to sign josh bard, the market is clearly bad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast