Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. - The New York Yankees Playoff Streak

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yankees R.I.P. - The New York Yankees Playoff Streak

After 13 years, the Yankees playoff streak has officially come to an end with a 5-4 Boston win over Cleveland. Let us all take a moment of silence to remember the great accomplishments of 13 years past.

Funeral proceedings will be tomorrow.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: R.I.P. - The New York Yankees Playoff Streak

Here lies the ghost of Babe Ruth. He was a nice man......
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No Yankee Hating!!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wanna trade managers?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB ERA

Wow. That's a staggering article. Nice find DK
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Cool, we got Blake Dewitt for Paul Quantrill.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

You know damn well there will be Yankee bashing from me! Finally there will NOT be a Yankee team in the playoffs. Steinbrenner must be quite upset. Who will be fired. Best team payroll wise did not get the job done. Maybe George could buy his way into the NL West? Could the Yankees finish in 4th?? Would be quite funny if it happens.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    You know damn well there will be Yankee bashing from me! Finally there will NOT be a Yankee team in the playoffs. Steinbrenner must be quite upset. Who will be fired. Best team payroll wise did not get the job done. Maybe George could buy his way into the NL West? Could the Yankees finish in 4th?? Would be quite funny if it happens.
    We STILL have a better record than the Twins and we will likely be watching the postseason w/ them but congrats on the Yanks missing the playoffs as that is a bigger deal to you than your team making it.

It's been a great run, I grew up in an era where we never made the playoffs(though if we had the WC back then we would have made it a few times). I was too young to remember the '81 playoffs so I never really experienced a postseason until 1995. You could see something special building early in the 90s after we bottomed out from '89-'91 we hired Buck to manage the team, Stick was running the show and thankfully George was banned from baseball. The last year we missed the postseason,1993, we got paul O'Neill from the reds, signed Wade Boggs and Jimmy Key and saw Bernie become an every day player. That's the 1st year we contended since '88 and it felt great competing again.

The PA would blare Twsited Sister's "We're not gonna take it" after wins instead of "New York, New York"(as far as I know the only season NY, NY wasn't played) and the Yankees were back on the radar. In '94 we had a GOOD team that was beginning to fade around the time of the strike but we still had a big enough lead that we would have made the postseason but that was put on hold another year. In '95 we got off to a brutal start when everyone picked us to win but a midseason trade for David Cone help, the emergence of youngsters Mariano Rivera(who started early in the year) and Andy Pettitte plus the acqusition of John Wetteland helped the Yanks go on a tear to end '95 as they clinched the AL's first ever Wild Card.

What a series that first postseason was in 1995. I was at game 1 and the atmosphere was unbelievable from the Boggs HR that put us on top early to the deafening silence of a majestic Ken griffey HR off the facing of the upper deck in RF. It got so quiet after he hit it that sitting on the 3B side I could hear the ball bounce off the upper deck. The Yanks would put that game away late and win that great extra inning game the next night then hop on a plane and travel to the Kingdome needing just 1 win.

We knew Game 3 was going to be near impossible facng Randy Johnson who owned us back then but thought we could get Game 4 and when Scott Kaminiecki was handed a 5-0 lead things looked great but he blew that lead quickly and it was on to game 5 where we witnessed one of the greatest and most painful games of all time. Cone pitched his heart out and his arm out(had we won he may not have been able to pitch in the ALCS) and we took the lead off of Randy Johnson in relief but it wasn't meant to be as Seattle won it in the bottom of the 11th.

After '95 we thought we were on our way but soon after Buck was gone and Torre was in, Stanley was gone and Girardi was in and we started to question but we all know what happened from '96 on. It was a great run that I truly appreciated and hopefully we can start a new one next year.

MLB ERA

Shut up mntwinsfan. Just shut up. No one wants to hear your stupid, uneducated bullshit. So just shut it.

MLB ERA

Ha Ha. Yankees are NOT going to the Playoffs!! I have been bashing the Yankees long before you arrived to the site. So shut your mouth.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Don't bother gf...he's a Twins fan, he needs to find other things to keep him happy
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Ha Ha. Yankees are NOT going to the Playoffs!! I have been bashing the Yankees long before you arrived to the site. So shut your mouth.
    just because you've been doing it for a while doesn't mean people actually like it.

and yeah, you only do it cuz you need some other form of enjoyment besides your own team

MLB ERA

quit crying like a baby will you please. Try to act you age. Never mind on that your a kid and we all know how they act.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

LMAO i'm a kid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast