Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. - The New York Yankees Playoff Streak

MLB ERA

Re: R.I.P. - The New York Yankees Playoff Streak

Honestly, can the two of you just shut up? The level of immaturity and stupidity in this thread is over the top.

mntwins should realize that his team will always come up one step short, and if that isn't enough to entertain him, he can just keep his mouth shut.

GF, man, sometimes it's just not worth the fight. He's never going to agree with you, and that's mainly because he's incapable of being logical for more than 10 seconds. So, let's let this one go and end the dumbing down of this thread.

MLB ERA

I'm not fighting at all, or i would have lashed back in the last post. I just laughed. You and Brown are right, it's not worth the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Calm down and stop the flame war boys.

Talk about the Yankees, good or bad, or STFU. You have a problem with someone put out a SMAK thread about it.

This is the Yankee forum kids. Don't make me flex my mod powers

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    Wow. That's a staggering article. Nice find DK
    Staggering article? I have been saying the same shit for a while now.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Staggering article? I have been saying the same shit for a while now.
    You don't have Buster Olney's creds

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Hey at least the Twins are in a battle with Chicago to win the AL Central and make the playoffs. Its better to be in a playoff race than not in the playoffs at all.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

While I don't like the Yankees for different reasons. (2001 mainly)

It could very well end up both teams joining the M's and their trainwreck of a season. Golfing in October.

Season Series: Yankees 6, Twins 4.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    While I don't like the Yankees for different reasons. (2001 mainly)

It could very well end up both teams joining the M's and their trainwreck of a season. Golfing in October.

Season Series: Yankees 6, Twins 4.
    Not to mention we have a better record than Minnesota. We just happen to play in a much tougher division.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    You don't have Buster Olney's creds
    No, I just got ridiculed and called an irrational Yankee basher for saying the same shit.

MLB ERA

No, I just got ridiculed and called an irrational Yankee basher for saying the same shit.
    Because you say it maliciously in our team forum.

You say "The Yankees suck because..." and we tune you out because the Yankees don't suck, and no matter what your reason, it's phrased maliciously.

When a team wins 90 games, they're pretty damned good. Granted, we'd have to win our last three to do so, but if we do, I'll still be fighting the people who say that the Yankees suck.

AAA ERA

No you didn't, I called you that b/c every thread you came in ehre you werre bashing the yankees. We all know the problems the Yanks have had through this decade. I have never had a problem w/ people criticizing the Yanks as long as they do it in polite manner but you just bash at every turn and gloat over their losses. That is very differetn so stop patting yourself on the back as you didn't bring anything new to the table on the Yankees failures.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah I never bashed them as we have been over this before and most agreed. I said nothing different than Olney but yet I'm a basher? Never gloated a loss either. I was very rational in my criticisms and made great points which all came to be. I criticize every team when they deserve it. Not my fault the Yankees have deserved it more recently than in years past. You ignore the ones when I say good things about the Yankees. Sorry for absolutely right in my criticisms. It will happen again!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Because you say it maliciously in our team forum.

You say "The Yankees suck because..." and we tune you out because the Yankees don't suck, and no matter what your reason, it's phrased maliciously.

When a team wins 90 games, they're pretty damned good. Granted, we'd have to win our last three to do so, but if we do, I'll still be fighting the people who say that the Yankees suck.
    Please find where I said they suck. I am begging you!!!!! I might have said "The Yankees will miss the playoffs" oir "The Yankees have been poorly run the past few years" but never will you find "The Yankees suck". I pikced the Yankees to finish second for christ's sake!!! I can say you suck for not knowing what the hell you re talking about and putting words in my mouth. You guys have no memory whatsoever!! Pretty sad when the stoner knows more than you!!

MLB ERA

Please find where I said they suck. I am begging you!!!!! I might have said "The Yankees will miss the playoffs" oir "The Yankees have been poorly run the past few years" but never will you find "The Yankees suck". I pikced the Yankees to finish second for christ's sake!!! I can say you suck for not knowing what the hell you re talking about and putting words in my mouth. You guys have no memory whatsoever!! Pretty sad when the stoner knows more than you!!
    If I came into the Giants forum in every Giants Thread (note: even the signing of Sexson/Cody Ransom Thread) and said: Oh, it doesn't matter what the Giants did. They are just taking out the trash. Guarantee they miss the playoffs this year!

You'd be kinda pissed if your team was a 87+ win team too, and damned good.

Thing is, your comment on the Yankees being poorly run is hilarious. We are going to finish at least 12 games over .500 with a ton of poor performances and after enduring 3 major injuries (Posada, Wang, Matsui), 2 minor ones (ARod and Joba), and 2 failed "rookies" we were counting on (Hughes, Kennedy).

What would you, the wisest of the wise, have done? Splurged and dealt those prospects for mediocre pitchers (Bedard, etc.) or Johan? You already saw and noted the disarray our farm team is in.

You want us to sign free agents? Mortgage our future for one playoff run?

Our team has been run damn ****ing well in the past couple of years. As a Giants fan, calling out the way any team is run is hypocritical and out of place at best.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If I came into the Giants forum in every Giants Thread (note: even the signing of Sexson/Cody Ransom Thread) and said: Oh, it doesn't matter what the Giants did. They are just taking out the trash. Guarantee they miss the playoffs this year!

You'd be kinda pissed if your team was a 87+ win team too, and damned good.

Thing is, your comment on the Yankees being poorly run is hilarious. We are going to finish at least 12 games over .500 with a ton of poor performances and after enduring 3 major injuries (Posada, Wang, Matsui), 2 minor ones (ARod and Joba), and 2 failed "rookies" we were counting on (Hughes, Kennedy).

What would you, the wisest of the wise, have done? Splurged and dealt those prospects for mediocre pitchers (Bedard, etc.) or Johan? You already saw and noted the disarray our farm team is in.

You want us to sign free agents? Mortgage our future for one playoff run?

Our team has been run damn ****ing well in the past couple of years. As a Giants fan, calling out the way any team is run is hypocritical and out of place at best.
    If you would have said that getting rid of shitty players on the Giants and called it taking out the trash, I would agree because the truth is the truth!! I can take criticism of the Giants!! Come in and say what you want. Point is I never said the Yankees sucked which was your whole argument. It's a weak one and it based on a false premise!!

The Yankees have had the highest payroll in baseball and haven't won a championship in eight years but yeah they are really doing some great things in that front office That's the joke!! Yankees fans don't see it! Buster Olney can see it and say it but noooooooo, I can't based on the same reasons. The Yankees had a weak rotation, no depth and aging players this year. This wasn't hard to see coming. The Yankees did nothing to help their cause. They could have but did nothing. And spare me the injuires!! Every team has mahjor injuries but if the Yankees had depth, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. They didn;t and they suffered. I already said before the season that they should hold on to the spects they had rather than go after Santana or Sabathia. Doesn't mean they couldn't have picked someone else out. Where were you when I was complimenting the Yankees on stealing Nady and Marte? OOOOpppps!! Forgot that one didn't you. When you have a $200 million payroll and don't win, you aren't doing good work. Give me the late 90's teams with a much smaller payroll and better signings and trades and the Yankees will return to the top.

As a baseball fan, I can't speak my thoughts?? What the hell do the Giants have to do with anything? They don't. Extremely weak argument saying a fan of another team can't criticize another. What the **** is that?? What's the purpose of a forum then?? To just blow smoke up everyone's ass or have an honest opinion?? I am not the GM of the Giants am I? No, I am a baseball fan and have every right to criticize any team I want. How is it hypocritical??? Do you know the definition of hypocritical?? This is hilarious!! If your team was ran "damned good", they would be in the playoffs this season.

Point is I never said the Yankees "sucked" because they don't. I don;t have this anti-Yankees bias that you want to believe I do. I come with my opinions based on fact and what I see. You only remember the bad and never the good. Sorry the bad has outweighed the good over the past few years. There was never any malicious intent from me. I come with strong opinions and you guys overreact.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast