Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabrera and Sexson Goners?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yankees Cabrera and Sexson Goners?

The New York Post reports that the Yankees will demote Melky Cabrera to Triple-A and waive Richie Sexson prior to Friday's game.
    According to the newspaper, Brett Gardner and Cody Ransom will be called up from Triple-A to fill their spots on the roster. Cabrera is hitting just .242/.296/.337 in 117 games and Sexson has hit .221/.321/.381 in 96 games overall, including .250/.371/.393 with the Yankees. Gardner has hit .296/.414/.422 with 37 steals in 94 games at Triple-A and could see significant action in center field depending on how the Yankees choose to deploy Johnny Damon.
    Cody Ransom Yankees are taking out the trash and hoping for a miracle.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Cabrera and Sexson Goners?

I would agree. Just think Cabrera was in the offer for Santana. Glad we went a different direction... If I was Richie I would retire, he just does not put in the 100% effort anymore.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Cabrera is a very good player in a very horrible slump. He's not going anywhere. He's just been demoted to a) work out some things, and/or b) to show that he's not a shoo-in on the team if he doesn't perform
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sexson sure fixed the Yankees role. If the worst team in the AL didn't want him, what made you think he would help them?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

This move is just moronic on the part of the Yankees. I understand they need to "stir things up", but this is not the way to do it. You're waiving Sexson, a guy who did decently for the Yankees, and demoting Melky, who admittedly was bad this year. But Gardner was WORSE than Melky when he was in the Majors, and Cody Ransom couldn't carry Sexson's jockstrap(even with Sexson over the hill). How the **** does this move make any sense? They'd be better off signing Miguel Cairo and benching Robbie Ca-NO EFFORT

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Cody Ransom Yankees are taking out the trash and hoping for a miracle.
    We get it, we know you are jealous of the yankees. Don 't post here. We don't wnat you here, worry about that crappy franchise you root for.

I wish we could ahve demoted Cano, I think he needs a new home this offseason. I ws afraid when we signed him to the new deal he'd put it in cruise control and those fears have come true. We don't need players like that, it's bad enough he's another choker in along line of them in this lineup.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Sexson sure fixed the Yankees role. If the worst team in the AL didn't want him, what made you think he would help them?
    he was signed in a low risk move, he wasn't signed to be gerat here. They were looking for lightining in a bottle and it didn't work out. It was certainly worth the shot.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    We get it, we know you are jealous of the yankees. Don 't post here. We don't wnat you here, worry about that crappy franchise you root for.

I wish we could ahve demoted Cano, I think he needs a new home this offseason. I ws afraid when we signed him to the new deal he'd put it in cruise control and those fears have come true. We don't need players like that, it's bad enough he's another choker in along line of them in this lineup.
    Sorry to burst that bubble but I am not the jealous type and never will be. Just not in my DNA. If you want to stay on topic sometime that would be helpful. If you care to talk about how bad the Giants are, might want to do that in the Giants forum. Since we're not, shut the **** up! Sorry I hurt your feelings by telling the truth. I'll tell you one thing the Giants and Yankees do have in common, they both will be watching the playoffs on TV come October.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    he was signed in a low risk move, he wasn't signed to be gerat here. They were looking for lightining in a bottle and it didn't work out. It was certainly worth the shot.
    I just thought the move didn't make sense. My personal opinion.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Sorry to burst that bubble but I am not the jealous type and never will be. Just not in my DNA. If you want to stay on topic sometime that would be helpful. If you care to talk about how bad the Giants are, might want to do that in the Giants forum. Since we're not, shut the **** up! Sorry I hurt your feelings by telling the truth. I'll tell you one thing the Giants and Yankees do have in common, they both will be watching the playoffs on TV come October.
    You are a jealous fool who bashes the Yankees at every turn. It doesn't hurt my feelings, if some who knew what they were talking about bashed us maybe I'd take it more seriously but you just like to flame to help you forget the mess that is the team you root for. Stay out of these threads unless you have something meaningful to add.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Where did I bash anyone??? Flame up? You're the only one who thinks I was "bashing". Not jealous in the least and not a basher!! Oh yeah, I started the thread you ****ing moron!! Hard to stay out of them when you start them. Sorry you can't handle the truth and really sorry you keep having to bring up my team since you are insecure about your own. Keep going off topic bro since its safe and easy and totally irrelevant What a pathetic loser! Kid can't even read!!

MLB ERA

PS: Cody Ransom hit his first HR as a Yankee today, a PH homer

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cody Ransom=former Giant. ONLY reason for someone to bring up the Giants in this thread.

Glad I had Mussina hurling for my fantasy team today.

MLB ERA

You should be glad you had Mussina hurling for your fantasy team all season. He's been money. I hope he gets 20 wins so he has a big shot at the HoF

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

He's got a shot at 20 no doubt. Comeback Player of the Year if I ever saw one. I picked him up in June.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast