Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cabrera and Sexson Goners?

MLB ERA

Re: Cabrera and Sexson Goners?

To get back on topic, Melky Cabrera has struggled this season, to say the least. His performance last year was likely due to seeing better pitches to hit because of guys like Damon, Posada and Matsui hitting around him in the lineup.
    Sexson's signing was puzzling to me, but they wanted to see if he had anything left. They took a chance on him and it didn't work out. He had always hit well against the Yankees and they wanted to see if he could hit against anyone else. It was similar to the Twins signing Craig Monroe. Both players, Monroe and Sexson, are likely done. Cabrera could come back. He still has a bit of potential.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Cabrera will be back, but it's time to accept that he'll probably never be an above average offensive player.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

WOW nyjunc, you didn't find one where I bashed the Yankees. You found some of me bashing ESPN, the Yankees raping the Pirates on the Nady deal, Jarrod Washburn not being the answer and one about the Rays but not one of me bashing the Yankees. Never have I said the Yankees sucked nor would I! The Giants taking a look at Sexson doesn't take away that he was trash. Congrats on making my point!!! I will close this thread if you keep it up. For the last time and this will be the last time, me being critical of the moves the Yankees make is not bashing. If we went by your definition, I have bashed every team including my own and this forum would cease to exists. I loved the Yankees dynasty of the 90's and the history of the franchise. Jeter is right behind Pujols for guys I want up in the 9th. I am not jealous of your team nor should I be. You do not know what you are talking about!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    To get back on topic, Melky Cabrera has struggled this season, to say the least. His performance last year was likely due to seeing better pitches to hit because of guys like Damon, Posada and Matsui hitting around him in the lineup.
    Sexson's signing was puzzling to me, but they wanted to see if he had anything left. They took a chance on him and it didn't work out. He had always hit well against the Yankees and they wanted to see if he could hit against anyone else. It was similar to the Twins signing Craig Monroe. Both players, Monroe and Sexson, are likely done. Cabrera could come back. He still has a bit of potential.
    Only reason they got Sexson was because he could hit lefties. When he couldn't even do that for the Yanks, they got rid of him. Melky is a good 4th OFer for the Yankees and will be back at some point. I don't think anyone ever thought he was going to be anything but average anyway. He's great to have on a bench but just isn't everyday material.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    He's got a shot at 20 no doubt. Comeback Player of the Year if I ever saw one. I picked him up in June.
    You should have picked him up in May! Yankee basher.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Here let me say it so things cool down between you two. The Yankees Suck!! Been awhile since I said it. Might as well start now! The Yankees suck! Once they dont make the playoffs watch the Yankee board be dead untill next season! People are jumping off the Yankee ship! When has the last time this has happened....
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

^ nyjunc, i suggest you get mad at him. THAT is bashing the yankees
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Here let me say it so things cool down between you two. The Yankees Suck!! Been awhile since I said it. Might as well start now! The Yankees suck! Once they dont make the playoffs watch the Yankee board be dead untill next season! People are jumping off the Yankee ship! When has the last time this has happened....
    Too funny, too funny. I'm sure all the Yankee fans will leave the board because we don't make the playoffs, OMG we are SUCH bandwagon fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 1111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

BT, look at the drop off from last season to this season... That's my point. Again I was trying to lighten up the mood between LTR and NYJ. This may have been my first bashing shot of the Yankees all season long...
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

I don't think there's a large drop off, and certainly not because we're losing...hell, there's more to talk about with all the questions and poor performances. Dry, General, BuckFoston, BronxBomberz, none of them have been around as frequently in general, not just because of the Yankees, other people too

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No more Joek thank god

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    ^ nyjunc, i suggest you get mad at him. THAT is bashing the yankees
    He's been a Yankee basher for years, we know what to expect from him. He almost makes me laugh at times w/ his irrational Yankee hatrred but he also ADMITS it. I have more respect for him b/c of that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123