View Poll Results: Will the Yankees make the playoffs?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 42.86%
  • No

8 57.14%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Yankees make the playoffs?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Question Will the Yankees make the playoffs?

I really like the moves before the trade deadline that the Yankees made. I think they definitely addressed most of their needs. They had to replace Posada and Matsui with both of them gone. They also added a lefty to the pen, which they needed. Wang not coming back when they thought he might hurts though. Starting pitching may be the weak link that prevents them from overtaking the Red Sox/Rays. I guess they're banking on somebody stepping up.

I'm not sure if it'll be enough to make it in though. They definitely improved their chances, but I think it's going to take more than the Yankees doing well. I think they're going to need help in the form of injuries or just a rough patch for the other teams. Tampa has never been here before though so I wouldn't be surprised to see them fade down the stretch. I don't see the Red Sox fading unless they get a couple injuries. Thoughts?

MLB ERA

Re: Will the Yankees make the playoffs?

I really want to say yes. But they didn't get a starter at the trade deadline, which is what they needed the most. Yes, they needed a reliever. Yes, they needed a catcher. But the most important thing, in my mind was a starter.

For that reason, I am going to have to say no. I REALLY want to say yes. And they certainly could if some guys step up. But given what we know now, I don't think they will.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Did you see Xavier Nady today?

Yankees will make it. As homerific as that sounds , it will be true.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Like Prov said, I too like the moves the Yankees made but like giantsfan I feel they didn;t get the starter they needed. I am going to say no as well since the Sox and Rays are still above them and show no real signs of slowing down. PLus the Twins have Liriano and Cuddyer coming back making it more difficult for the Yanks. I say no as well.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yankees will NOT make the playoffs. Tampa - Boston - Minnesota - Chicago and Angels are the teams to worry about. Team looking on the outside are the White Soxs and Yankees.

Wang is all but done for the Yankees for the remainder of the season. The guy that pitched today had his problems as well. I dont think the pitchers are enough for your Yankees.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

it's funny that you think Minnesota is going to make it over the Yankees. I had a good laugh

MLB ERA

If the Twins win their division, they won't have to worry about the Yankees this year. I don't see the Yankees in the playoffs, as I don't see the Rays fading down the stretch.
    I think the AL playoff teams will be Boston, Tampa, Detroit and LA, with LA winning the league.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Doesn't this happen every year? Everyone always counts the Yankees out and then they always make the playoffs. Like last year when we were what, 14.5 back and we ended up taking the WC? Whatever though, you guys obviously haven't learned your lesson yet. Just wait, they're going to make the playoffs and I'm going to love watching it.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Doesn't this happen every year? Everyone always counts the Yankees out and then they always make the playoffs. Like last year when we were what, 14.5 back and we ended up taking the WC? Whatever though, you guys obviously haven't learned your lesson yet. Just wait, they're going to make the playoffs and I'm going to love watching it.
    I would love to watch that too i'm not counting them out. i'm just saying if i had a gun to my head and told to pick, i'd say no

MLB ERA

What's your reasoning for that bro?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    What's your reasoning for that bro?
    read my first post

MLB ERA

Oh, didn't see that the first time I scrolled down but anyways. I still think we have what it takes to make the playoffs. When (not if) we get to October, Wang will be back and we'll be able to use him. Hughes is on his way back, Pavano is also trying make his way back (so they say) but we can't count on him cause how many times have we heard that? Our offense is doing very well and we have the leadership on this team to get us into the postseason. The Yankees won't not make the playoffs in the last season at Yankee Stadium. We will see October ball one more time in the historic Yankee Stadium before its torn down.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

i just think with Rasner and Ponson inconsistent, and the occasional shelling of one of the top 3 starters like Pettitte's the other day, one of the last 2 are going to have to get replaced. Hughes would be nice to have back. But either Rasner or Ponson is going to have to go. Preferably Rasner, because at least Ponson has experience in this situation.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Again do you think your going to get by the Rays and Boston? Wont happen.. Third place is where you will finish!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Again do you think your going to get by the Rays and Boston? Wont happen.. Third place is where you will finish!
    your opinion doesn't count cuz you're a yankee hater, therefore you are too biased.

both of them can be passed. they've shown vulnerabilities. especially tampa.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast