Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Tony Womack the worst LF in Yankee history?

MLB ERA

Is Tony Womack the worst LF in Yankee history?

He's "hitting" .243/.283/.271 this year in 230 plate appearances. When's the last time a Yankee left fielder did worse than that?

A lot of people complain about Alex Rodriguez here, and fail to see that New York just gives away 3 or 4 at-bats a game to this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Not to mention the 3-4 at bats we give away with Jorge Posada, Tino Martinez, Bernie Williams and Jason Giambi.

But I digress.

AAA ERA
    That belongs in another thread, Hammer.

I agree Saber. When the ball goes up in the air, hes out automatically. Its never going over the wall and he never shoots a gap. When he popped up that bunt against St Louis, I almost tossed my TV out the window. (but its too big to lift! 52" HDTV w00t!)

Unfortunately, with Matsui unable to play the outfield for a while, we will have to suffer through more Tony Womack.

Sorry, Womack is not as bad as Enrique "I made Boss sign Rondell White and Sheffield" Wilson.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    Tony Womack did not sign here to be a LF, sure he's been awful but I don't blame him at all.

MLB ERA
    If he was signed as a second baseman, then I could make this same thread, comparing him directly to Enrique Wilson's crimes against offense.
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    If he was signed as a second baseman, then I could make this same thread, comparing him directly to Enrique Wilson's crimes against offense.
    I think his defensive problems have taken it's toll on his offense, he is in a completely new position. I think had he stayed at 2nd his #s would be much better.

MLB ERA
    Uh, Womack didn't hit at second, either. If you can provide some sort of evidence of this, go right ahead. If I actually have to post his career numbers, though, we'll all see that Tony Womack is truly an awful player, who at his very best is average.

AAA ERA
    My question is: If the Yankees know they had a kid in AAA that could swing it, and play a decent 2B, when bother signing Tony Womack in the first place?

Because that kid was under 35, the cutoff age for preferred Steingrabber starters.

AAA ERA
    How did he hit that double against Mo in the 2001 series? The more I talk about Tony Womack, the more it irritates me.

Tony Womack is the bane of my existence.

It coulda been worse: we coulda had Homer Bush at 2nd.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Cano can hit better than Womack? Barely. Womack was signed because that lineup needed a big injection of speed. Womack had a good year last year and helped the Cards get to the Series. Does he belong in left? No. Did Chuck Knoblauch? No! Did Chuck Knoblauch belong at second? Hell No!

Did Knoblauch have a kickass batting stance? Hell yeah!

MLB ERA
    Speed is nice, but you can't steal first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast