Thread: Hank: Yanks Offense Needs to "start waking up"

MLB ERA

Yankees Hank: Yanks Offense Needs to "start waking up"

Hank Steinbrenner is the Yankees front office version of BronxBombers. Hank says:

We've got to start hitting. It's getting ridiculous. They've got to start waking up. They've shown in flashes what they can still do. Even when I was worried about the pitching earlier -- starting pitching is the most important thing of all -- but Brian would keep telling me, 'Yes, but I worried about the hitting.bbThat was Brian's biggest concern even as we were reconstructing the pitching. We all know they're better than that. I don't know. Maybe a little less outside distractions and a little more concentrating and they'll start hitting better. I thought they would go on a consistent tear, and it hasn't happened yet.
    As much as i never, ever take what anybody whose last name is Steinbrenner says seriously, he's right. The next few series will be pivitol, and the hitting needs to pick it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Re: Hank: Yanks Offense Needs to "start waking up"

Fair point, but it's just one more example of Hank enjoying the sound of his own voice. I wish he would just freakin' stay out of the media for a few weeks.

Yankees Re: Hank: Yanks Offense Needs to "start waking up"

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Fair point, but it's just one more example of Hank enjoying the sound of his own voice. I wish he would just freakin' stay out of the media for a few weeks.
    True

Wel, well well, Giambi hits a salami! 5-3 Yankee lead!