Thread: the formula

the formula

The Yankees have 24 games till they reach the 81 (midway) game mark for the season. I figure that they have to go 18-6 in the next 24 which would put them 11 games over .500 to have any shot at this division. I could be wrong, but this is a crucial time heading into the break to start playing the way they did during their 11 game win streak earlier in the year.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by yhova
    The Yankees have 24 games till they reach the 81 (midway) game mark for the season. I figure that they have to go 18-6 in the next 24 which would put them 11 games over .500 to have any shot at this division. I could be wrong, but this is a crucial time heading into the break to start playing the way they did during their 11 game win streak earlier in the year.
    That's going to be tough, but not impossible. They've got 8 (7 plus the rest of the Milwaukee games) series between now and then. 3@StLouis, 3vPitt, 3vCubs, 4vTampa, 3vMets, 3@Baltimore, 3@Detroit.

That home stand is huge. They need an 11-2/12-1 tear against the D-Rays and 3 NL scrubs. That would give them a little wiggle room with St. Louis, Baltimore and Detroit on the road. ...Assuming we can finish off the Brewers.

MLB ERA
    the formula:

win a lot of games
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Rookie ERA
    It would help if we had an offensive outburse. Maybe 12 runs or so. We've been held down to 4 or less runs since May 28th. A big offensive game I think would help get some of our confidence back.

AA ERA
    yhova: I still think the Yankees are a playoff team. I don't think they will win it all, but I would be shocked if they don't make the playoffs. I just can't see it. I think they make it as a wild-card team with Boston winning the AL East. They are too good not to make it. I think once the Yankees get back home, they will start hitting with the weather getting very warm.

The important thing is that the starting pitching really needs to get back on track. I think Johnson has been okay though he has struggled since that game against the Mets. Pavano has been a disaster though he wasn't bad tonight. Not a huge Mussina fan. Wang has been awesome. As for the bullpen, who knows outside of Sturze and Rivera.

Yankees will be fine one way or another.

AAA ERA
    Pavano Pitched great last night! I'll take that start from him everytime he goes out there. Tom Gordon has been sharp lately as well.

A heck of a day when Steak has more confidence and "faith" than I do in the Yankees.

We have not had the "Heart" since 2001. Talent does not win titles alone. This year talent does not even punch a playoff ticket.

Baltimore is a snow ball rolling down a hill becoming a boulder. They are doing the right things. I would not count them out although there are 100 games left.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    yhova: I still think the Yankees are a playoff team. I don't think they will win it all, but I would be shocked if they don't make the playoffs. I just can't see it. I think they make it as a wild-card team with Boston winning the AL East. They are too good not to make it. I think once the Yankees get back home, they will start hitting with the weather getting very warm.

The important thing is that the starting pitching really needs to get back on track. I think Johnson has been okay though he has struggled since that game against the Mets. Pavano has been a disaster though he wasn't bad tonight. Not a huge Mussina fan. Wang has been awesome. As for the bullpen, who knows outside of Sturze and Rivera.

Yankees will be fine one way or another.