Thread: Betemit headed to the DL

MLB ERA

Betemit headed to the DL

Yankees infielder Wilson Betemit left Saturday's game at Comerica Park in the fourth inning with a strained right hamstring, and he will be placed on the 15-day disabled list.

Facing Tigers right-hander Jeremy Bonderman, Betemit doubled over the head of center fielder Curtis Granderson, scoring Robinson Cano. Betemit appeared to pull up after rounding the first-base bag, and he immediately called time once the play was complete.

"He changed gears before first and second when he saw Granderson fall down," manager Joe Girardi said after the Yankees beat the Tigers, 5-2. "That's when it grabbed."

The 25-year-old Betemit was 5-for-12 since being reinstated from the disabled list on Wednesday, missing 17 team games with corneal conjunctivitis. To replace Betemit on the 25-man roster, the Yankees plan to recall infielder Alberto Gonzalez from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre before Sunday's game.
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Wow, just our luck.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Re: Betemit headed to the DL

I'm not even surprised anymore....
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Closed
    AAA ERA

It sounds like a hammy injury.

MLB ERA

The game was on FOX and I was able to see it. I happen to see his injury. He hit a double. Right before he reached 2nd he grabbed his right hamstring.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."